“Great place for a historic photo”

Servants Old Tyme Photos
Ranked #7 of 33 Shopping in Gettysburg
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great place for a historic photo”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We had a coupon from our hotel for this place. I called ahead and left a message to see if we needed an appointment. The gentleman, Kevin, called me and said that it is a first come first serve basis. We arrived after our tour of the battlefield and were helped right away. They had many outfits for the women to pick from. We took a Civil War photo, which turned out very good. We ended up buying an additional photo outside of our coupon. The prices are very reasonable. It is very quick to have this done and we were out and on our way in no time. Highly recommend if you are looking to do a fun photo!

Visited October 2012

Los Angeles, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good deal, no frills”
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

This was a good deal but not necessarily an "experience ". We ended up with a nice photo though, didn't have to wait and they offered a AAA discount.

Salem, Oregon
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Best Place for your $$”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Got a great picture of me and the hubby here in Civil War attire. Only $20 for one person, $5 for each additional person, and a $5 off coupon in the coupon book you can pick up anywhere in town. They have a great selection of clothes to choose from. You could pay more, but why?
The young man did a great job!

Visited July 2012
Brooklyn, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The Only Photographer Working on Tuesday”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We went to Gettysburg on a Monday and one of the things I wanted to do with the family was to have taken an old-fashioned photo taken wearing Civil War era clothing. I saw several ads of one particular photographer and it said on the brochure that he was open every day so when I called the next day to arrange an appointment and found he was closed, I was very disappointed.

It was a rainy Tuesday and I noticed a photographer next to Tipton Grill where we were having lunch, but he too was closed. I called him and he was willing to come in, but said he does not provide costumes.

I then remembered seeing one or two photographers on Steinwehr Ave, so we went and found Servants Old Tyme Photos. He wasn't very busy and he had costumes for everyone.

The owner was very personable and did his work very quickly. We ended up getting one in black and white and one in something called "old time" which is in between black and white and full color. Very reasonable prices. He doesn't advertise much, but we were all satisfied by the experience and the products.

Visited May 2012