“Tasteless!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I ordered a cake for a special occasion and was extremely disappointed. The cake was just so-so, but the icing was thick so-called butter cream that must have been Crisco (although that's probably not fair to Crisco). It certainly had no butter flavor and no sweetness to it. The only part that had decent flavor was the thin chocolate icing used to inscribe the event.

1  Thank janelord

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stopped for coffee, tea and a snack. My husband loves their coffee! Much better than the dreck served next door at Ragged Edge. He proclaimed it the best latte in town. We each had a cupcake...both were delicious! We'll be back!! Keep up the great work!!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Wells Family Baking Company is a breath of fresh air in a town polluted by the smog of pub after pub after pub. The second you walk in, the smell of fresh pastry and coffee welcomes you. The owners are incredibly knowledgable and kind people who are patient and helpful.

I highly recommend them for weddings as they made an incredibly beautiful and (somewhat) more importantly, delicious cake for mine. They are also wizards with bread as well, so keep that in mind when you visit.

This is a wonderful oasis in Gettysburg, don't miss out!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

My family and I first went there in May. They have absolutely beautiful and HUGE cupcakes. My son ordered the strawberries and cream. My sister had the red velvet and I ordered the chocolate raspberry. They were to die for. Everything in the cases looked amazing!! We headed back in June,,,I tried the smores cupcake and my sister got the strawberries and cream. My smores cupcake was spectacular. My sister also totally enjoyed hers. Too bad my Mom was too exhausted from the drive to completely enjoy the experience. Next time I will have to stop myself from ordering 1 of everything in the cases!!! The owner is also very sweet, quiet and seems pretty laid back. Nice little shop, also reasonably priced.