“Awesome food, cheap eat!!”
Review of West Side Diner

West Side Diner
Ranked #43 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
BALTIMORE
“Awesome food, cheap eat!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

The ladies were welcoming and sweet. Our 4.00 burger was delicious, with crisp lettace, tomatoe and onion. The fries were nice and hot. Even the mayo was better for some reason. $20.00 for 4x people. I spent $43.00 last night for horrible Red Robin. Should have drove the extra 20 miles for this joint. And we still had a little food left.

• Visited August 2013

“Cozy little diner.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after a long day of travel. Food was mediocre for me. My wife enjoyed her French dip and my 13yo loved his omelet. I had the turkey with "filling" which is stuffing. Although not your standard stuffing. More like large chunks of sandwich bread mixed with a little carrot and celery and chicken bullion. I will say that their French onion soup is pretty good. My two girls enjoyed the chicken fingers and spaghetti they had. Not bad for them. I would order something different next time.

• Visited August 2013
Orangeville, Canada
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We sought out this diner based on reviews from TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. We went for breakfast and found a great little 'local' diner with a good neighbor type feel to it. The service was great, fast, warm and friendly. We had a really great breakfast (my 13 year old son had a pizza burger) and paid a really reasonable price.

I'm almost hesitant to rate this place so highly in case it loses the local homestyle feel. But if you go, you will be happy.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“great diner for tourists willing to walk a few blocks from town”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Gettysburg has hundreds of thousands of tourists who pass through each year. The West Side Diner is tucked in a little shopping center that is off the main tourist drag. It caters mostly to locals. The food is very reasonably priced and is quite good. The decor is...well...if you want ambiance, look elsewhere. My wife and I eat breakfast here at least once a week and we have the occasional lunch. Our breakfast staples are a Veggie Wrap and poached egg on whole wheat toast. Incidentally, they serve the Veggie Wrap with a fresh fruit cup instead of home fries if you are weight conscious. The fruit is really good all year round. Our breakfast bill which always includes a couple of cups of coffee (pretty good coffee and never of the last drop in the pot variety) comes to $9.63. Since the waitresses never bother to add up the bill, it often mysteriously varies by about a quarter depending on the waitress, her mood, and other imponderables. Yesterday we had a typical lunch consisting of a Chicken Salad Wrap and a Club sandwich. We consistently comment that this uninspired order meets or exceeds our highest expectations. This review is for Gettysburg visitors who want a decent meal for a decent price at a place that does not advertise or attract attention to itself in any other way. If you walk west along Chambersburg Pike (Route 30) about four blocks past Lincoln Circle, you'll get good exercise and a good meal.

1 Thank George T
Carlsbad, California
“really good breakfast, in an out of the way corner”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had breakfast here yesterday morning and was pleasantly surprised. Very small, unassuming place, but had great service from Beth, and the food was served promptly, and was quite good. Hey, how good can a Western Omelette be? Actually, pretty darn good. Hey, the staff was friendly and they had good reason to have a loyal local following by the number of people coming in who knew the place.
I liked it, and you will too.