“Great place for our company offsite”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Upstairs Hallway
Cute Home Rules
Front Bedroom
Front Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jcooklond...
London, United Kingdom
“Great place for our company offsite”
Reviewed 14 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

This house turned out to be an excellent location for our company's three day exec offsite meeting. All 4 bedrooms were comfortable, we enjoyed our breakfast in the kitchen, and the living room was just right for our relaxed - but intense - conversations.

The location also worked well for us, not only the pubs and restaurants that are within a short walk, but also the amazing Gettysburg historical sites that are only a few minutes drive when we needed a break.

Finally, we really appreciated the flexibility that Sandee showed to accommodate our timing.

Jet659797
“WOW....Priceless!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I can’t say enough about how wonderful this house is and the hospitality of Sandee. First of all, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left it was a memorable trip. Gettysburg was a present to my husband from me and our kids for his 70th birthday. There was 5 of us. Parking per instructions from Sandee, as it was around the back, we had no problem at all, plenty of room with a Van and a car.

We walked into a virtual blast from the past. First, there is an adorable patio out back where we entered the house into the kitchen area. As I had read through other reviews, there were fresh chocolate cookies waiting for us on the kitchen table. The kitchen is a big size and we spent a lot of time there. There is a bedroom off the kitchen and a full bathroom also off the kitchen area… that we old folks stayed.. Oh I have to mention the bathroom towels... massive amount!!

Can’t say enough about the living room. We felt like we were back in the 1800’s with the way it was decorated. Very creative and extremely comfortable surroundings. Big screen TV.. lots of DVD’s and books. Sandee also has a book in the kitchen which tells you things to do. Upstairs the bedrooms were a nice size and also decorated back in the day. One of the reasons I picked this house besides the colonial dwellings, was that each bedroom had its own TV. There are two couples who sleep with the TV on… so this was ideal. Also off the 2nd floor is a comfortable porch which overlooks the back patio. All the appliances were modern and she had everything you could want. The only thing we forgot to bring was soap, so right across the street is a supermarket that has almost anything you want.

This house was built during the Civil War I think in 1854… And just the idea being in a house that was built way back then, was captivating. Troops march down their street and to know that residents at that time, took in the wounded, was mesmerizing…I know there were ghosts in that house…(smile)…

The location couldn’t be any better, it was only a couple of blocks to the center of town and only 5 blocks to the battlefield and near the tourist center.

May I suggest if you have a party of more than 2 to hire a private tour guide. We hired a guide, named Eric for 3 hours. The guides drive your vehicle and he took us from the beginning of the battle to the end. What an experience! Felt like we were there. Awesome standing in the are where he battle took place.

Sorry this seems to be so long and there was so much more. But I really need to thank Sandee and her hubby for letting us stay in their house. We loved it and we highly recommend it. Don’t let this one go by… the pictures do it no justice. When you actually see it you will fall in love with it. Oh and also, it was extremely clean!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
14 Nov 2016
Thank you so much for your kind words! My husband and I work hard to make our home perfect for our guests and we hope you will come back and stay with us again! Thanks again! Sandee and Patrick
Karen L
Albany, New York
“Great house, great location, great owners!”
Reviewed 11 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

This is the first time I ever rented a house. I thought I would be uncomfortable in some one else's house, but I was wrong. We felt comfortable from the second we entered the Retreat.

We were a group of 7 adults. We had two sets of honeymooners, 4 were in there 20's and three of us were in our late 50's..We had tons of space and privacy when needed.

To start you need to know what kind of service you will receive from the owners. The day before we left I hosted a wedding in my yard, so it was 7:30 PM before I sat down to check my emails.I saw an email from the owner, Sandee, asking me to call her as soon as possible. I thought maybe she needs more information from me. When she answered the phone she had said she had been trying to call me all day and was glad I had called. She wanted me to know that severe thunderstorms were predicted to come through in the afternoon and she wanted us to get down early so we would not be driving through these storms. She offered to have the house ready by 9AM! Check in is at 4PM and we had already arranged for a early check in at 3PM. Sh said the house would be ready at 9AM for us and she would have flashlights with fresh batteries waiting for us in the kitchen if the power went out. That was so nice of her to call and let us come early. We reached the house by 1:30 and the storms hit a hour later.

We explored the house after arriving and found that we had enough towels and bedding that we would not even have to do laundry the whole vacation if we did not want too. There was extra toilet paper, paper towels,light bulbs, batteries, extension cords,notepads, pens, hand soaps, dish detergent, laundry detergent and the list goes on.The house has everything you need except for personal items like body wash, shampoo and conditioner.

The living room was a great place for all of us to meet up for a while everyday. The youngsters played a lot of chess and checkers. Everyone found a movie they could enjoy in large selection under the stairs.

The youngsters took the three upstairs bedrooms. They said all of the beds were comfortable. All of the rooms had box fans which was nice to block out noises from the streets. Everyone slept well.

Us older folks took the downstairs rooms. The honeymooners took the bedroom of the kitchen which was nice since it has a door to a small porch off the side. They were also the early risers so they could make breakfast early and not wake anyone else up. I chose the laundry room and it was the best sleep I have had in years. The air conditioning runs through the laundry room and it was so cold that I needed blankets to stay warm.There was a fold up cot in the laundry room.

The kitchen table made for some fun moments. It is a nice old fashion table that had slanted wood on the edges so if you put your cup down close to the edge it would start to slip and you would have to be quick to catch it. After the second day you remember to be careful where you put your cup!

We walked a lot to the different shops and restaurants. It was easy level walking. It was nice having a supermarket across the street. We could walk over anytime and grab a snack. There were brochures in the kitchen to look and figure out what we wanted to see.

The house itself is fantastic. It has a old time charm with a historic feel, but with all the modern appliances. The house is full of old time furniture and decorations. It made us explore every room.

If I return to Gettysburg, this is the only house I would stay at.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleaniness of the house and all the supplies that came with it.
Liked least: The old fashion coffee machine. We love K-cups.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
13 Jun 2016
Karen, I am at a loss for words! Thank you for your kind words about our home and me. We do try hard to make our home your home and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our home and Gettysburg. We do hope that you will return to Gettysburg and book with us again.

Sandee and Patrick Luckenbaugh
Bonnie G
“Best Place Ever!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

There were 8 of us that stayed and hands down it was a hit across the board...we would all book again...great location we walked everywhere, supermarket across the street. And staff was amazing!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
13 Jun 2016
Bonnie, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you will book with us again!

Sandee
ellsee74
Northern Kentucky, Kentucky
“The Best!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This home is outstanding, from the email instructions from the owner, to the cookies on the table when we first entered, to the unique decorations in the entire home, all the way down to the comfey towels; this home is beautiful and the BEST! Located in the center of town, it was an easy walk to many restaurants and shops. Also, it is not far from the Battlefield, more restaurants and shops. We were a party of eight, and had more than enough room for all of us. Everyone of us talked about the great accommodations and the welcoming feeling we all received. Thanks for the memories!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home itself. It was beautiful and a great location.
Liked least: Nothing, no complaints.
Travelling group: Large Group
Families with young children Large groups
Hunkerdow...
Ford City, Pennsylvania
“Unmatched hospitality, convenience and cleanliness.”
Reviewed 13 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and our two teenage daughters stayed Sunday through Thursday night with another husband, wife and two teenagers - 8 of us total. The house was beautifully decorated, completely furnished, appointed and supplied, and roomy enough for all of us to eat together, play games together and also find quiet spots to be alone if needed. The two full bathrooms were a real plus, and when we prepared meals we found everything we needed in the kitchen -- skillets, pots, bowls, utensils, etc. A real plus was the cleanliness -- when we initially arrived, my wife walked through the entire house and repeatedly commented on how clean every room was. We were also very pleased to find an abundance of linens, blankets and pillows. Really, the house was completely turn-key and usable. I would also add as others have that the house is located in a most convenient part of town. We walked to restaurants, shops and museums. Parking was very convenient, too.
Finally, I would add that Sandee could not be more gracious -- I was responsible for breaking several of her very nice glasses, and when I contacted her to offer to arrange for payment, she graciously and generously told me that there was no need to pay her for the damage! It was a humbling and wonderful experience dealing with Sandee from beginning to end, and we certain intend to return to this house when we visit Gettysburg again.
Oh, one last thing -- the grocery store across the street is a full-service grocery store with high quality food and other merchandise, which was a real advantage when we spontaneously decided to eat in or discovered that we had forgotten a bottle of shampoo!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The roominess, cleanliness and location
Travelling group: Large Group
Families with young children Large groups
dame1214
Guys Mills, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Welcome Retreat"”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband & I recently stayed at the Gettysburg Retreat for a reunion with two college roommates & their spouses. The Gettysburg Retreat is comfortable, very clean, and attractively decorated with rustic country items. It is spacious with three bedrooms and a bath upstairs plus a downstairs bedroom and bath. The kitchen is large and the dining table large enough to accommodate a group of 6-10 guests. The small porch attached to the house allows for a private setting with 2 benches and a small table -- perfect for pre-dinner drinks
and conversation. The Retreat is located near the historic downtown area, Kennie's Market, and the Segway Tour office. Sandee has supplied many Civil War books and videos to enhance the guests' stay. The six of us enjoyed the house and our stay in Gettysburg.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: spaciousness of the house; accessibility to downtown Gettysburg
Liked least: Traffic noise, but that quieted down at night and we were not around during the day
Travelling group: Friends
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing