“A good quiet meal”

Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$24 - US$36
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Description: Fine dining in a cozy, business casual atmosphere. ~ Wine Spectator Award of Excellence ~ Susquehanna Style Magazine Silver Spoon Award Winner Business Meetings, Bus Groups, Rehearsal Dinners and other Private Events from 10-150.
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A good quiet meal”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This restaurant provided us w/ 2 very good meals. On a Sunday Eve., we enjoyed the duck & on Mon. we savored the Salmon. Wines are a bit on the expensive side & the kitchen is a bit slow, but after a day of site seeing, these are small issues. The asparagus salad was quite nice & food arrived hot. This restaurant delivered a quality meal in a tourist setting. We would definitely return.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank HistoryTraveler216
herrtav, Director of Sales at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We hope you understand the timing of your meal. All of our food is made from the farm to the table. So having said that our meals at The Inn are meant to be fresh to the table. We want you to relax and enjoy your meal. We hope you understand the concept and will return to have dinner with us again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Granite City, Illinois
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went here with my wife's sister and her husband as they had been here previously when it was called "Herr Tavern". Was very disappointed. We were seated in a small room off the main area with 1 other couple. The service was good, but very slow. The pace of the food was extremely slow. I think there was a party in another area and our food was worked in when they could. Menu selections were few. Was a little pricey for what you got. .Best part were the desserts, which were very good.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Daddygar
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Close, but so many details short”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Special occasion and we were excited. The atmosphere is really nice. We were seated on the Patio, which is enclosed and it was a beautiful evening and this was great. After being seated I asked if we could start with the Oysters while I read the 25 page or so wine list. We ordered our water and I got food and wine recommendations from our server. We ordered a food friendly New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Well, about 20 minutes later she returned to say that they were out of the wine that she recommended, so we selected another bottle and she asked if we were ready to place the rest of our order. I said no, we would prefer to enjoy the beautiful day and sip the first glass of wine and have the oysters. She told us The Chef likes to have the entire order in at one time- that is how he does it. No ego problem with his siblings cuz he has it all. So I asked if the oysters were on the way and she said that she had not placed the order yet until she gets the rest of our order... She left the table, possibly/ probably because of my having to take a couple deep breaths. She returned with the wine and to say they were preparing the oysters could she please get the rest of our order. I had ordered wine to compliment our selections which were exactly what she had recommended. The wine was just right for the evening except for the fact that is was warm room temperature. She did ask if we would like her to chill it for a while. A couple more deep breaths...Yes, I had known for several minutes what we were going to order, but I did not wish to be rushed which is what happens 99% of the time if you have turned in your entire order. The oysters arrived. The menu stated Cucumber Creme' Fraiche- Sake infused Caviar and Meringue Clouds. The 3 oysters were delicious- however the meringue clouds are what the oyster shells rest on and are not part of the dish. I know this because I tasted them and they were just whipped egg whites with no flavoring at all. Ok, not a bad thing the dish was terrific- I was just confused as to why they would list the meringue like an ingredient if you were not supposed to taste it. The Soup arrived and was also very good. Rich, nice crab flavor, the melted Swiss Cheese was really good with this and the chives and bacon bits added texture, color and nice tastes. My seared scallops,, preserved lemon, & asparagus risotto, Hot House Tomato Sauce was very tasty indeed. A couple notes. The Scallops were not Seared- they had no seared crust- they were sautéed and the risotto was made with long grain white rice not Arborio so it was a rice side not a creamy Risotto - but was very tasty. My wife enjoyed a couple tastes also. Her Duck was ordered Medium as the Chef recommends and arrived prepared properly and was quite good. Local Asparagus, Toasted Barley, Pickled Wild Mushrooms, and Peppercorn Demi Glace. Sounds like a powerful flavor profile but actually is very subtle and complex, but really quite good. The portions are generous, so if you wish to have dessert I suggest not having 2 starters and 2 entrees for two people. The service is team service and works well. They really help each other out. The Food Tastes Good. It is a pricy restaurant but, Hey they tell you it is fine dining. So, the value is fair for the good food that you will receive. Close, but so many details short.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Richard D
Newton, Massachusetts
“Ambushed at Herr Ridge”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I reserved at this restaurant for my son's graduation celebration. I reviewed the menu online and thought that there was something for all of my young companions. When we arrived the restaurant was about 1/3 full and we waited a bit to be seated. We were handed a blue piece of paper as our menu. It outlined the "Gettysburg College Graduation" menu. It described the 5 course meals that were the only choice available. For over $60. No one wanted this overblown production of a meal, but we thought it might be special. The steak choice came with an upcharge. The food was very average. My pork loin looked as if it spent an extended time under a heat lamp and was terribly salty. The strip steak looked more like a piece of round steak. One of my guests was embarrassed to tell me that his steak had been incorrectly cooked. The chocolate smores dessert was a ramekin of chocolate sauce with some cut up fruit. This dinner tarnished the day that I thought would be one of my life's best. The only one celebrating this dinner would be the owner of the Herr Ridge.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank traveldeb908
Sydney, Australia
“The food was the only redeeming feature...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked this restaurant a few weeks before our visit to Gettysburg. Notwithstanding this our table was not ready when we arrived on time and we were kept waiting for more than 15 minutes when the restaurant was only half full. When we queried the delay the hostess claimed we had arrived late ... seems like she was having a tough night
When we finally got a table, the service was very slow...I am not sure how they would go on a busy night. We ordered a bottle of white wine and they said there would be a further delay in serving it as it needed to be chilled!!!!
If we could have gone somewhere else we would have done so at this point.
Fortunately we stayed and the food redeemed the evening somewhat as it was excellent. This could be a great restaurant if the front of house staff could raise their game to the level of the chef...

Visited May 2014
herrtav, General Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You for affording us the privilege in serving you and your guest. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations that were well deserved. We do pride ourselves in exceeding our guest expectations through training. I assure you if you give us another chance to redeem our reputation you and your guest will be pleased.
Tom McPherson