“Good pub food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The food is good for pub food. The selection was great and the food tasty. Service was excellent. If you are looking for pub atmosphere and food I would recommend The Pub.

There are newer reviews for The Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The title says it all. I like this place. A good location as well, within the town. Right on the town square.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I had dinner here on an early Friday evening--it really got crowded about half way through our meal, but we were lucky enough to be seated right away!. He had the Clam chowder which was SOOO good! I had the French onion and was also delighted with that choice. Wish i had been hungry enough for the chowder in the bread bowl!! We also split the sliders which were quite tasty and came with our choice of cole slaw. The beers were numerous and we went with two different ones on draft both of which we enjoyed. Would go back again if traveling to Gettysburg.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Portions are very large. In fact, I would say too large. My wife and I went for lunch. We both had the cream of crab soup. Delicious. Creamy base with lots of crab meat. Then we each had a sandwich from the menu. Very tasty, but neither of us could finish our meal. The beer selection is very good, but you really have to go to the bar to figure this out. Our server was not very knowledgeable about the beer selections.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We took our neice (a student at Gettysburg College) to dinner to celebrate her birthday. We asked her to choose the restaurant.

Our neice chose a salad dinner (sorry, I forget the name), and she seemed pleased with it. My wife chose the stuffed chicken, and she was pleased with it. I thought I was getting a steak fajitas dinner (the special), but ended up with a fajitas wrap. It is likely I misheard the waiter. There was some kind of flavoring in the wrap that I did not care for. I am not sure what that flavoring was, but it was different from what I typically received on fajitas in other restaurants. The steak itself seemed tender enough. It was mainly the flavor that I did not care for.

The desserts seemed pricey, but we went for it to celebrate our neice's birthday. Our neice got a cheesecake, and seemed fairly pleased with it. My wife and I split the carrot cake, which was advertised as a large serving. Indeed, it was a large serving. It had a lot of sugary icing on it that was not overly tasty. The cake itself seemed much drier than I expected, and not that tasty. I think it must have been frozen at one time. It definitely did not taste fresh. We ate about half of it and took the rest home. Most of what we took home got tossed out of the fridge a day or two later.

I forget the name of the young man who served us. He did a very good job--friendly and attentive.

The rating I choose is a blend of my thoughts and how I think our neice and my wife might have rated. I probably would have gone with a "2" for my experience, and I suspect they would have gone for a "4."