“Great Bar Restaurant in Gettysburg”

O'Rorke's Eatery & Spirits
Ranked #12 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Harrisburg
“Great Bar Restaurant in Gettysburg”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

O'Rorke's is a restaurant we eat at every year on Remembrance Day in Gettysburg, The atmosphere is great with all the reenactors around and the playing of Civil War music outside. It is extremely noisy though, especially on tihs type of day so be prepared for that. The food is good for a bar restaurant, about what you expect. They do have a one pound hamburger on the menu if you have a huge appetite. My son tried to tackle it and had to take some home.

Visited November 2013

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food for the price.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I have been to O'Rorke's many times. We are Civil War Re-enactors and spend many of our weekens in Gettysburg and most of the time we end up eating at this restaurant. The get a lot to eat for the price. My husband usually gets the meatloaf and mashed potatoes and the portions are plentiful. I have had several items on the menu and each and every one have been satisfying from dinners to lunches. The service has always been quick and friendly, even when it is Remembrance Day weekend and the restaurant is completely full. The crab soup is especially a good choice, but everything on the menu is good. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a good meal for a good price.

• Visited November 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I went to Gettysburg yesterday with friend and we had lunch here. I have visited her many times before and always had a great meal. Menu has a great selection and I love the atmosphere here. I had the onion soup and a half of a club sandwich. It was very good. We will be going back when we visit Gettysburg again.

• Visited November 2013
Aberdeen, Maryland
“Drinks and a snack”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stopped here for drinks and a snack while waiting for a ghost walk to begin. we shared 2 appetizers, Shepherds pie potato skins and bavarian pretzels with cheese sauce. Both were ok, nothing special

Visited November 2013
Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania
“Couples Weekend”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I have been to O'Rorkes many times and enjoyed the food very much. We took my brother and his wife for the first time and they had a wonderful meal and so did we. We will be coming back in the future.
Kathy Young