“Gift shop/food stop”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #3 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space. We are CLOSED FOR THE SEASON FROM THANKSGIVING, DECEMBER, JANUARY AND FEBRUARY, REOPENING IN March.
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is a cramped little building with a ton of signs and a few other souvenirs all over. I got the beef cheesesteak and my boyfriend got the buffalo beef. Both were delicious. We would definitely go back again.

2  Thank Crimsonred13

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our family was winding up our weekend trip to Gettysburg. We were walking among the shops and we saw this place with antique style signs in the window. We walked in wanting to purchase one of the signs, but then we saw that they were still serving breakfast!! The lady who served us was very pleasant and helpful. The homefries were the best that I have eaten anywhere! The best part for me was seeing the love of the US Military on display! There was not a branch that was left out! They even had some of the hard to find US Navy battleship hats! I walked out wearing the USS Ronald Reagan hat! I have always wanted to have this hat--and now I do! LOVED THIS LITTLE PLACE THAT HAS A BIG HEART!

1  Thank Wendy J
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Best cheesesteaks and fries I have ever had!! Chicken sandwich is very good as well. Stop here every time in town. Only bad thing is can be crowded but just grab it to go and have lunch in the park somewhere that is in walking distance!

2  Thank AngelD0821
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had high hopes for this place. It had great reviews online. The burgers are just ok, nothing to write home about. The fries are good though

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went to the museum parts of Gettysburg, then after drove around the battlefield. In between we ate at Hunt's Cafe. I'm glad we did! First off the place is packed inside and out, and the sweet waitresses just keep smiling and taking care of everyone. I ate the cheese steak. OK, I grew up in Philadelphia, the capitol of cheese steaks (and in my mind the mecca of amazing food) so I always laugh at the attempts. Not this time, Hunt's makes one of the best cheese steak sandwiches on the planet. The bread / roll is the perfect mix of soft and hard texture. The fries were crispy and awesome. My fries were covered in a generous amount of chili. My kids ordered chicken strips and cheeseburgers, they were great as well. As we were eating the cook / owner came out to chat with us. What a great guy, and again, those with pride in what they do, do great things. He told us how he chops the steak fresh everyday, and how people are always asking how he does it. You could just tell by him talking he puts effort into being great. The only reason it's not a 5 star is the place is tiny and cramped, but hey maybe the perfect real estate / location costs a lot of money and it can't be huge. Not "high brow" just high quality taste!

1  Thank Steveage