“Great beer and food”

Battlefield Brew Works & Spirits of Gettysburg
Ranked #47 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Good microbrew...plus the food was excellent. This was definitely a setting me and my husband love...an old barn that they repurposed. We had the wild boar sausage with coleslaw... probably one of the best we ever had. The bun was a cross between a traditional bun and a pretzel bun. The slaw was very creamy. We will definitely come here again when we visit Gettysburg. Highly suggest coming here.

1  Thank Erika P

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This brewery is located conveniently outside of hectic downtown in a building used a as a field hospital after the battle.

The beer is fantastic and I'm really enjoying the new strawberry peach shandy. Three little pigs barbecue is grilling up specials several days a week in addition to the normal menu.

The owner is really committed to getting top quality music in several nights a week and even sponsors an electric blues jam on Sunday afternoons every other week.

It will be a distillery some day too.

I am there a lot and just excited to share this with trip advisor!

1  Thank john m
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Trip Advisor yet again has steered us in the right direction. You order up front and food is delivered to your table. The brew pub is in a historic barn that once served as a Confederate field hospital. My husband vouched for the beer and I was able to get a nice glass of wine. I had the quesadilla with roasted lime corn and my husband had pulled pork - both were very good. You could also get boar and a few other weird meats. They had some live music that wasn't too intrusive. The historic setting was really what elevates this fun pub.

1  Thank SuzanneLaX
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was is in town for work, and didn't expect to find much close to where they put us up for the night. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Super nice staff, owner made it a point to come out to greet us. They had a nice little band going. Pulled pork sandwich was good, beers were alright. If I found myself in Gettysburg again, I would stop in again!

1  Thank SMorovich
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We returned to enjoy a local band and the beer was much better, along with cleaner tables. Hooray! Hope the summer is great for this restaurant.

1  Thank Hetty G