“awesome stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 December 2012

everytime i visit gettysburg for business i stay at the Hilton Garden inn, i checked in well past midnight and the desk clerk was very courteous and got me checked in quickly. Rooms are very nice and clean

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your visit with us! We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Happy New Years!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Booked this hotel at the last minute and got a great room at a great price. Arrived in a snowstorm and the parking lot was clear and I was checked in quickly. I'll stay here again anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your visit and will plan on returning to our property for future visits! We pride ourselves on being well priced, over delivering on expectation and building customer loyalty. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed fro 1 night earlier this month. Hotel was well situated (a mile from highway, lots of restaurants / shops around to walk to). Room was pretty nice.

Breakfast was free with being a gold hilton honors. Even though I never get anything cooked to order it would have been nice to be asked. I was the only person in the breakfast area but never got visited once by the people on duty.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am disappointed to hear about your breakfast experience not being to the level of service we strive for. I've reviewed your concerns with our F&B Manager to address this immediately. I am glad you overall stay was comfortable and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Had issues with the bed did not sleep well, no offer from front desk for discount toward stay just said we'll have someone check it out. Had to email corporate to get a $50.00 gift card toward future stay. Not easy to contact hotel directly with email.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

I greatly apologize that you had concerns with the comfort of your guest bed. We have looked into this matter for you and have found resolution to the problem you encountered. I apologize that you did not find the email for the property conveniently. I do have my personal business card always available at the front desk, but do recognize we do not have any emails for the property on our webpage - which I believe would have made it easier on you to get a hold of me via email. I will look into that for you. I do encourage that any guests with concerns voice them to our Guest Services team as soon as they encounter them (24 hours a day) so we can help correct it swiftly as so you can enjoy the remainder of your stay. I hope you will consider our property again in the future during visits to Gettysburg! Happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Nice hotel for business travel. Clean rooms and good restaurant, friendly staff, good wifi. The fitness room has two modern Precor treadmills and an Elliptical machine as well as a stationary cable all in one unit. Could improve upon fitness center by purchasing a dumbbell rack 5-50 lbs.

1  Thank Jim B
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to seeing you again! I will submit your suggestion of the weights to the folks at Corporate for review. The fitness centers are predetermined layouts and I will see if this is something we can get special permission for as I've had this request from other guests as well. Thank you so much! Happy holidays!

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Very friendly staff, especially the front desk personnel. Offered good advice as to restaurants and sightseeing; always with a smile.
This was a stay here because another local Hilton chain hotel where I had a reservation was undergoing rennovations to their main lobby and they offered to contact the Hilton Garden Inn because of the disruption to their usual ambience. They contacted the HGI for me and the transistion went smoothly. I have stayed at Hilton Garden Inns numerous times and have always been very pleased with the location, rooms, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for selecting us as your home away from home! I am thrilled you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating! We work hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and Im glad to see you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Called the front desk the day before my trip and the desk person was happy to book my room at a great price. When I got to the hotel, the staff was really friendly, the room was clean and the hotel looked nice. The next morning, breakfast took no time to get and was good, again Great service and friendly. Next time I pass thru Gettysburg, I will stay here again. A+

Room Tip: When I called direct, I gotten a better price.