“no big deal”

Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband and i decided to get away for a few days. Very nice attendants for the first nite, december 31,2012. the next day different story.
It was loud at nite wit music playing, bed hurt back, pool tasted like salt, and we pre paid for our New years breakfast, but when we went to sit down and enoy our new years breakfast..everything was gone, there was only a continental breakfast, but when we checked in we were told its an made to order with eggs and other items. So we called our family and told them to meet us on Monday morning for breakfast..Boy were we very disappointed. The young lady at the counter looked like she was sick and was coughing a bit...Not very welcoming.
For a top rated hotel, we were very disappointed. Next time we will stay at the Travellodge..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

I would like to greatly apologize for your experience, this is certainly not typical at our location. We do have a full cooked-to-order breakfast, however, on New Year’s Day, we did run complimentary continental breakfast for the holiday. I apologize this detracted from your experience - we did not mean that to be the case. We always encourage our guests to let us know of concerns as they happen so that we can have the opportunity to make them right prior to the concern hurting your experience with us. We do pride ourselves on excellent service, and sadly its seems this trip, we fell short. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your concerns as I would love the opportunity to talk to you about this personally. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hey , the pool worked this time. Excellent meal service! Hey, met Christina this time . Before was the director of sales in 2010. A nice setting to stay in G-burg. You need to have other activities close to the hotel. Let's go all out to develop these vacant lots along route 30.

Room Tip: Use the north side view on route 30 to see thw mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us! It was a real pleasure getting to meet you during your visit!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

In town to visit Gettysburg battlefields. Stayed one night.The staff was helpful, and the location was nice. It's very close to fast food, a movie theater and Walmart all of which we visited. I was bummed to find out that we had to pay for breakfast, but the room price was too good to pass up.

Lobby was undergoing some renovations but nothing that affected our experience. My only complaint was that the cleaning staff started vacuuming the hallway around 8:30 a.m., and we were trying to sleep in.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. As a full service hotel, we do have a restaurant on site for breakfast, dinner and drinks... While there is a fee, I am sure you found it to be a delightful breakfast! For those of you considering our property, we offer a full Cooked-to-order all you can eat style breakfast. Our chefs prepare eggs, pancakes, French toast and more to order on the spot! We have a wide variety of breakfast classics and comfort foods that you have come to enjoy as well as our freshly baked - in-house - cinnamon rolls and muffins!! I greatly apologize that you had a concern with the housekeeping team vacuuming in the morning. I will share this concern with our executive housekeeper to see how we can avoid this from becoming a recurring issue for our guests. We certainly look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Gettysburg. Happy New Years!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

everytime i visit gettysburg for business i stay at the Hilton Garden inn, i checked in well past midnight and the desk clerk was very courteous and got me checked in quickly. Rooms are very nice and clean

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your visit with us! We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Happy New Years!

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Booked this hotel at the last minute and got a great room at a great price. Arrived in a snowstorm and the parking lot was clear and I was checked in quickly. I'll stay here again anytime I'm in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your visit and will plan on returning to our property for future visits! We pride ourselves on being well priced, over delivering on expectation and building customer loyalty. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed fro 1 night earlier this month. Hotel was well situated (a mile from highway, lots of restaurants / shops around to walk to). Room was pretty nice.

Breakfast was free with being a gold hilton honors. Even though I never get anything cooked to order it would have been nice to be asked. I was the only person in the breakfast area but never got visited once by the people on duty.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am disappointed to hear about your breakfast experience not being to the level of service we strive for. I've reviewed your concerns with our F&B Manager to address this immediately. I am glad you overall stay was comfortable and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Had issues with the bed did not sleep well, no offer from front desk for discount toward stay just said we'll have someone check it out. Had to email corporate to get a $50.00 gift card toward future stay. Not easy to contact hotel directly with email.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

I greatly apologize that you had concerns with the comfort of your guest bed. We have looked into this matter for you and have found resolution to the problem you encountered. I apologize that you did not find the email for the property conveniently. I do have my personal business card always available at the front desk, but do recognize we do not have any emails for the property on our webpage - which I believe would have made it easier on you to get a hold of me via email. I will look into that for you. I do encourage that any guests with concerns voice them to our Guest Services team as soon as they encounter them (24 hours a day) so we can help correct it swiftly as so you can enjoy the remainder of your stay. I hope you will consider our property again in the future during visits to Gettysburg! Happy New Year!