“Always a pleasure”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We use this hotel quite often - on average once a month and it is our favorite Gettysburg Hotel. They have a wonderful staff and I cannot tell you how many times they have gone out of their way to be helpful. My wife and I enjoy reading by the firepalce and enjoying the coffee and cookies. On our last trip this past week my wife enquired about the cookies and were informed that there were none. We settled into our fireside spot and out of the blue the evening manager showed up with two brownies and two cartons of milk for the two of us. I can think of no other hotel that would do such a thing. They are truly special.

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice but the pillows are aweful. I often bring professional material to work on d...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
I am so thrilled that you continue to choose our hotel when your travels bring you to Gettysburg. We firmly believe in Conrad Hiltons dream of spreading the warmth and light of hospitality and I see that you have been experiencing that - even through our gesture of brownies vs. cookies. Thank you so much for your loyalty! We look forward to continuing to serve you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a visit to the Gettysburg battlefield. The room was excellent and the staff very friendly. We were tired so we did not want to go out to dinner and so we ate in the hotel. The food was good and served quickly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed both the lodging accommodations as well as our Garden Grille & Bar Restaurant. We look foward to seeing you soon!
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The lobby was being renovated weekend before Christmas. The last time we stayed during Christmas, the pool was closed and being renovated. Just bad luck on our part I guess. The room was clean, hotel appears maintained. I didn't think the bed was very comfortable, and the pillows flattened out to pancakes when you used them. I could have called down for different ones I suppose, but everyone was already in pj's.. Paid for the breakfast with my room reservations, so cheaper. I think it's $10 pp at register if not bought through a room package (which was @ $20 for the 4 of us) Surroundings includes a grocery store right behind it, Arby's & a bank next door, Brewsters across the street. My kids said the pool was salt water. I gave an average rating because of the bed, pillows & it just didn't wow me.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We do strive for the "wow" factor and I’m sorry to see we did not meet that expectation during your stay! We do have staff on 24 hours a day to meet any needs that you have so please don’t' ever hesitate to notify us with any questions or concerns despite time of day. We are always happy to accommodate any request. We hope to see you again in the near future!
White Hall, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2013

So much for a quiet get away with my wife. The hotel appeared partially filled yet they stacked those of us that were there right on top of each other. There was a family in the adjoining room to which we could hear and understand their conversation and what they were watching on TV even though they seems to be speaking at a normal volume level. They also placed us in a room with a loud air pump right outside our window. Again, how was this room not flagged as one not to be assigned until all other rooms were full? Best of all, when my wife and I went down to breakfast we almost ran into a vacuum cleaner and cleaning cart right outside our door. Literally, the vacuum was immediately to the left of the door and the cart to the right. We had to be careful not to run into them. It did not seem like there was any consideration to the people getting a late start and was almost a 'Get out of your rooms so I can clean it'-type thing.

Although the staff was friendly enough, it seems like the lack of professional or managerial courtesy was lacking.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott L
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to greatly apologize for your experience - I assure you the staff, as well as I, want each of our guests to have an outstanding experience, and I apologize that the cart in the hall gave you the feeling we were trying to expedite your departure. I can assure you this is not the case. We always encourage our guests to let us know of concerns as they happen so that we can have the opportunity to make them right prior to the concern hurting your experience with us. I will review your concerns with our team to try to avoid this becoming an experience of another guest in the future. We do pride ourselves on excellent service, and sadly its seems this trip, we fell short. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your concerns as I would love the opportunity to talk to you about this personally. Thank you.
pa
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband and i decided to get away for a few days. Very nice attendants for the first nite, december 31,2012. the next day different story.
It was loud at nite wit music playing, bed hurt back, pool tasted like salt, and we pre paid for our New years breakfast, but when we went to sit down and enoy our new years breakfast..everything was gone, there was only a continental breakfast, but when we checked in we were told its an made to order with eggs and other items. So we called our family and told them to meet us on Monday morning for breakfast..Boy were we very disappointed. The young lady at the counter looked like she was sick and was coughing a bit...Not very welcoming.
For a top rated hotel, we were very disappointed. Next time we will stay at the Travellodge..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
I would like to greatly apologize for your experience, this is certainly not typical at our location. We do have a full cooked-to-order breakfast, however, on New Year’s Day, we did run complimentary continental breakfast for the holiday. I apologize this detracted from your experience - we did not mean that to be the case. We always encourage our guests to let us know of concerns as they happen so that we can have the opportunity to make them right prior to the concern hurting your experience with us. We do pride ourselves on excellent service, and sadly its seems this trip, we fell short. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your concerns as I would love the opportunity to talk to you about this personally. Thank you.
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Hey , the pool worked this time. Excellent meal service! Hey, met Christina this time . Before was the director of sales in 2010. A nice setting to stay in G-burg. You need to have other activities close to the hotel. Let's go all out to develop these vacant lots along route 30.

Room Tip: Use the north side view on route 30 to see thw mountains.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us! It was a real pleasure getting to meet you during your visit!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 31 December 2012

In town to visit Gettysburg battlefields. Stayed one night.The staff was helpful, and the location was nice. It's very close to fast food, a movie theater and Walmart all of which we visited. I was bummed to find out that we had to pay for breakfast, but the room price was too good to pass up.

Lobby was undergoing some renovations but nothing that affected our experience. My only complaint was that the cleaning staff started vacuuming the hallway around 8:30 a.m., and we were trying to sleep in.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. As a full service hotel, we do have a restaurant on site for breakfast, dinner and drinks... While there is a fee, I am sure you found it to be a delightful breakfast! For those of you considering our property, we offer a full Cooked-to-order all you can eat style breakfast. Our chefs prepare eggs, pancakes, French toast and more to order on the spot! We have a wide variety of breakfast classics and comfort foods that you have come to enjoy as well as our freshly baked - in-house - cinnamon rolls and muffins!! I greatly apologize that you had a concern with the housekeeping team vacuuming in the morning. I will share this concern with our executive housekeeper to see how we can avoid this from becoming a recurring issue for our guests. We certainly look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Gettysburg. Happy New Years!