“Pleasant stay in Gettysburg”

Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pelham, New York
“Pleasant stay in Gettysburg”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

A family of 4 stayed here during Christmas week while touring the Gettysburg Battlefield. It approaching the 150 anniversary of the epic battle and we wanted to visit the park before the crowds descend on the area this summer. The hotel was convenient to the sites. It was a little difficult to find the proper driveway for the hotel, though the sign for the Hilton Garden Inn was easily visible from the main road. After a second try we found the right driveway which was the one leading to GIANT supermarket. Check-in went smoothly and since we are Hilton Diamond members we were thanked for our support of Hilton and said we would have full breakfast for everyone in our party. We also received 2 bottles of Dasani water which was appreciated. The lobby was undergoing some construction but it did not interfere with the coffee area or the sitting area with fireplace. We enjoyed some fresh baked cookies and hot tea after check-in.
The room was large with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable and came with a feature where you could change the firmness with an adjustable dial. The bathroom was standard with Bath and Body Works amenities that had a nice smell.
We had breakfast the next morning and had a delicious cooked to order omelet and sides. We saw some good looking French toast at the next table and decided to try it and liked it so much we ordered an extra serving for the table. We would stay again when in the area visiting the sites in Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter, though this tends to be a quiet area.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed here for five weeks and found the hotel very fresh and comfortable and the staff were professional and friendly. Room service was good and reasonably priced. Opening hours for the gym and pool are sensible.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on 1/10 as I attended a leadership meeting at Gettysburg. The location is very convenient to all of the major historical sites in Gettysburg. The hotels clean and looked fairly new. As with all Hilton Garden Inns, the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff was attentive. Overall a good value for the money.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you for selecting us as your home away from home during your recent trip. We look foward to serving you again in the future!
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We use this hotel quite often - on average once a month and it is our favorite Gettysburg Hotel. They have a wonderful staff and I cannot tell you how many times they have gone out of their way to be helpful. My wife and I enjoy reading by the firepalce and enjoying the coffee and cookies. On our last trip this past week my wife enquired about the cookies and were informed that there were none. We settled into our fireside spot and out of the blue the evening manager showed up with two brownies and two cartons of milk for the two of us. I can think of no other hotel that would do such a thing. They are truly special.

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice but the pillows are aweful. I often bring professional material to work on d...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
I am so thrilled that you continue to choose our hotel when your travels bring you to Gettysburg. We firmly believe in Conrad Hiltons dream of spreading the warmth and light of hospitality and I see that you have been experiencing that - even through our gesture of brownies vs. cookies. Thank you so much for your loyalty! We look forward to continuing to serve you!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel on a visit to the Gettysburg battlefield. The room was excellent and the staff very friendly. We were tired so we did not want to go out to dinner and so we ate in the hotel. The food was good and served quickly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed both the lodging accommodations as well as our Garden Grille & Bar Restaurant. We look foward to seeing you soon!
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The lobby was being renovated weekend before Christmas. The last time we stayed during Christmas, the pool was closed and being renovated. Just bad luck on our part I guess. The room was clean, hotel appears maintained. I didn't think the bed was very comfortable, and the pillows flattened out to pancakes when you used them. I could have called down for different ones I suppose, but everyone was already in pj's.. Paid for the breakfast with my room reservations, so cheaper. I think it's $10 pp at register if not bought through a room package (which was @ $20 for the 4 of us) Surroundings includes a grocery store right behind it, Arby's & a bank next door, Brewsters across the street. My kids said the pool was salt water. I gave an average rating because of the bed, pillows & it just didn't wow me.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We do strive for the "wow" factor and I’m sorry to see we did not meet that expectation during your stay! We do have staff on 24 hours a day to meet any needs that you have so please don’t' ever hesitate to notify us with any questions or concerns despite time of day. We are always happy to accommodate any request. We hope to see you again in the near future!
White Hall, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2013

So much for a quiet get away with my wife. The hotel appeared partially filled yet they stacked those of us that were there right on top of each other. There was a family in the adjoining room to which we could hear and understand their conversation and what they were watching on TV even though they seems to be speaking at a normal volume level. They also placed us in a room with a loud air pump right outside our window. Again, how was this room not flagged as one not to be assigned until all other rooms were full? Best of all, when my wife and I went down to breakfast we almost ran into a vacuum cleaner and cleaning cart right outside our door. Literally, the vacuum was immediately to the left of the door and the cart to the right. We had to be careful not to run into them. It did not seem like there was any consideration to the people getting a late start and was almost a 'Get out of your rooms so I can clean it'-type thing.

Although the staff was friendly enough, it seems like the lack of professional or managerial courtesy was lacking.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott L
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to greatly apologize for your experience - I assure you the staff, as well as I, want each of our guests to have an outstanding experience, and I apologize that the cart in the hall gave you the feeling we were trying to expedite your departure. I can assure you this is not the case. We always encourage our guests to let us know of concerns as they happen so that we can have the opportunity to make them right prior to the concern hurting your experience with us. I will review your concerns with our team to try to avoid this becoming an experience of another guest in the future. We do pride ourselves on excellent service, and sadly its seems this trip, we fell short. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your concerns as I would love the opportunity to talk to you about this personally. Thank you.