A family of 4 stayed here during Christmas week while touring the Gettysburg Battlefield. It approaching the 150 anniversary of the epic battle and we wanted to visit the park before the crowds descend on the area this summer. The hotel was convenient to the sites. It was a little difficult to find the proper driveway for the hotel, though the sign for the Hilton Garden Inn was easily visible from the main road. After a second try we found the right driveway which was the one leading to GIANT supermarket. Check-in went smoothly and since we are Hilton Diamond members we were thanked for our support of Hilton and said we would have full breakfast for everyone in our party. We also received 2 bottles of Dasani water which was appreciated. The lobby was undergoing some construction but it did not interfere with the coffee area or the sitting area with fireplace. We enjoyed some fresh baked cookies and hot tea after check-in.
The room was large with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable and came with a feature where you could change the firmness with an adjustable dial. The bathroom was standard with Bath and Body Works amenities that had a nice smell.
We had breakfast the next morning and had a delicious cooked to order omelet and sides. We saw some good looking French toast at the next table and decided to try it and liked it so much we ordered an extra serving for the table. We would stay again when in the area visiting the sites in Gettysburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg hotel in Pennsylvania is located in the heartland of American freedom with historical sights, museums and just minutes from the Gettysburg Battlefield and National Park Visitor Center. The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is located on part of the former Camp Letterman Civil War hospital! The hotel is also near attractions such as the Gettysburg College, Gettysburg Heritage Museum, The Outlets Shoppes, Gettysburg Visitors Center, Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and Mount Saint Mary's College. Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is home to the Garden Grille & Bar Restaurant that offers breakfast, dinner & drinks daily to guests and general public. The hotel is a great central location for Pennsylvania cities and attractions. York, Harrisburg and Hershey Lancaster, DC, and Baltimore are nearby cities all with attractions for the Pennsylvania visitor. The hotel is an award winning hotel of "Pick of the County" via the Gettysburg Times, Hilton Garden Inn "You can count on us" 2013 Brand award winner for community service, and is proudly a part of the Hilton Garden Inn Brands JD Power Award! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Gettysburg