The HGI in Gettysburg has the same standard features of all HGI's so the only thing that I can comment on is the staff and cleanliness. Well the cleanliness is very good as in most Hilton's I have had the pleasure of staying in. The staff here do not seem to have had the training and provide the same quality of service I have experienced at other hotels. The staff just appear to be a little immature. The first issue I experienced was at check-in where the person at reception checked me in but forgot to code the keys. That night was particularly cold and the parking lot was full so I drove around to the back of the hotel to use the back door, only to find the keys I had been given didn't work. Resulting in me getting extremely cold. The next day my husband and I went down for breakfast. As usual there was only one waitress on duty. Se had a method of working the breakfast service by coming to the table to give us coffee but then walking away telling us we needed to go to her to order food. This would have been OK if she was able to take our order, but she was way too busy rolling silverware, then an order for someone else came up that she had to deliver. The result of this method was that we had to stand around waiting for the waitress to have time to deal with us. I felt like a idiot standing around waiting. It would have been a much more comfortable situation for us to sit at our table and the waitress come to us when she was ready, or for us to give our order directly to the chef. The way the waitress was doing business was not without some thought but her method was definitely there to make her life easier and not to provide a service to her customers. All of the time we were having the breakfast the chef was having a good old time talking about his annoying girlfriend singing and throw stuff at other staff members. The next thing that happened was the key once again not working when we got back to our room. I was pretty mad at this inconvenience after the previous key issue. Anyway the receptionist in the morning who felt my anger, saved the day by giving us a 10% discount on the room, and was ver apologetic. None of the things that happened to us were terrible and we had a clean room with everything we needed, but the issues detracted from our satisfaction. This appeared to be a hotel full of young staff without adult supervision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg hotel in Pennsylvania is located in the heartland of American freedom with historical sights, museums and just minutes from the Gettysburg Battlefield and National Park Visitor Center. The Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is located on part of the former Camp Letterman Civil War hospital! The hotel is also near attractions such as the Gettysburg College, Gettysburg Heritage Museum, The Outlets Shoppes, Gettysburg Visitors Center, Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and Mount Saint Mary's College. Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg is home to the Garden Grille & Bar Restaurant that offers breakfast, dinner & drinks daily to guests and general public. The hotel is a great central location for Pennsylvania cities and attractions. York, Harrisburg and Hershey Lancaster, DC, and Baltimore are nearby cities all with attractions for the Pennsylvania visitor. The hotel is an award winning hotel of "Pick of the County" via the Gettysburg Times, Hilton Garden Inn "You can count on us" 2013 Brand award winner for community service, and is proudly a part of the Hilton Garden Inn Brands JD Power Award! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Gettysburg