“Could use help in customer service”

Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Staff was not inviting or friendly. They did their job but that was it. Nothing more. Housekeeping was great. The fire alarm went off one of our nights and we had to evacuate the hotel and sit in the lobby for awhile..Would probably not return.

1  Thank Jessiiica123
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was just like any other HGI that I've been to. Room was fine. Breakfast was a nightmare. Only one other diner, but server was "busy". Was here for business and didn't have a lot of time. Took a long time to get the server to come help me. Once I ordered, I couldn't track her down again.
Had to find silverware, salt,etc. myself. Expensive breakfast for such poor service

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marke W
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Most hotels are booked solid due to the power outages. This hotel had some availability so drove out of our way to come. Not only was the front desk wonderful, so was the room, room service and restaurant. I just extended my stay with no problem. The hot tub could use some maintenance but everything else is perfect. I would like to point out other hotels are taking advantage of the outages, overcharging and not allowing a AAA discount. The Hilton is priced great and I could use my discount. Very accommodating with my toddler and newborn. Thank you!!

1  Thank erinhatfield12
Reviewed 3 February 2014

From the moment of walking in the front door this was a nice hotel. Warm fire in the lobby and the smell of tasty foods from the restaurant. Room was in excellent shape and very comfortable. Hot tub could use a little repair but it was also comfortable and warm for a cold winter night. We'll be back and recommend it without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christina T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words on our property and taking the time to share your experience with others! I am thrilled you had an exceptional stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We decided to take a winter getaway and this year Gettysburg won. This hotel is beautiful and super clean everywhere. My family is very well traveled and my kids keep saying how much they like this hotel. They have coffee, Water, and treats in the lobby. The front desk gals have all been very friendly and helpful. The pool and exercise room are immaculate and state of the art.

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast on site with quick service. We preordered breakfast with a pa lav and I am glad we did.

I literally can't find one bad thing to say about this hotel, other than we have to leave!!!

Again- we travel a lot and this hotel is
Awesome.

1  Thank Klineyqueen

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here after day skiing at Liberty Mountain. Lobby has nice gas fireplace and comfy seating, large comfortable rooms, hot tub and pool to enjoy with great hours and the breakfast was huge! All you can eat, hot and cold made to order options - we loved it! Would definitely stay here again when we come back to ski!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the kind words on our property and taking the time to share your experience with others! I am happy to see your entire family enjoyed our facility and our resturant the Garden Grille & Bar!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I plan on staying here again. My daughter is a Freshman at Gettysburg and I will be visiting four or five times a year for the next four years. The shower needs a shower head not just a hand sprayer. The heating system is loud and kept waking my daughter and I up when the system went on. Thermoststic fan coil unit would cancel the noise.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It sounds as though you were in one of our ADA Rooms, there rooms do have the removable shower head for those with the need for it. We do have standard showers in our traditional rooms. During your next visit, we will be happy to put you in a room away from anything that could be considered bothersome to you upon your request. Just let us know and we are happy to do accommodate all requests we can.