“Great for the price.”
Review of Colton Motel

Colton Motel
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I come to Gettysburg almost every month for long weekends. We never stayed here before and figured we could give it A try. For the average joe trying to come to Gettysburg and just needing A place to sleep give the Colton A try. Average size room and can tell it hasn't been remodeled in years but it is clean and A good price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren B
There are newer reviews for Colton Motel

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Colton motel for one night in may 2014. The people were nice and the rate we paid (61.00) was reasonable considering how close the hotel was to all of the Gettysburg attractions. I did have two complaints with the motel. The first was the wifi. We have multiple devices (Microsoft surface, iPod, etc.) and we able to connect but could not access the internet. I went to the front desk and spoke to the attendant and he claimed his iPhone was working and that the problem was on our end. The problem was most likely a router that needed to be restarted. The second problem was the lack of continental breakfast which was advertised. I asked the front desk person about this and he brought out an old Danish. I feel this is false advertising and if I knew I was not going to get what I was paying for I would have paid a few dollars more and stayed somewhere else. This motel is in desperate need of an upgrade. Our bathtub was cracked and the TV was ancient. The bottom line is that this is a place if you just want a bed and nothing else. If you want more, I Would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dain L
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It was ok, I would not do it again. The location was great, the rooms are small, if you are staying for only a night it would be fine, longer stays I would chose another hotel. People are very nice, they appear not to put anything back into the hotel, very dated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randycanyon
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Im big on staying clear of motels, in fact this is one of the only ones ive stayed in. But when we came for the reenactment this was the only place with a room.. For starters THIS IS A MOTEL, DONT EXPECT THE FOUR SEASONS! Regardless, this motel is well kept, clean and walking distance from EVERYTHING** , also is on a very notorious and haunted lot... right across from the graveyard. The man at the desk (Rich) is VERY helpful and will do anything to please!
Motels are given a lot of crap (and in some circumstances understandably) but the Coltonl is definitely a classic town motel and the maids are in out cleaning daily for maximum cleanliness.
The ONLY complaint i have is the Bedding. The sheets and mattresses were comfortable, but the duvets are in need of an update.

Room Tip: Most rooms are the same, as i said in the description don't expect the four seasons! But you wil...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DixieChik13
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The place is not a 5 star location, but if you do not mind a clean place that still has its '50's or 60's features, and at a lower cost, this may be your location. This location has a very nice outdoor pool, and is within walking distance (one or two blocks) of some of the main restaurants and tourist attractions that Gettysburg offers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I left a favorable review of the Colton Motel back in June 2011. We stayed for two nights in April 2014 in room 11 and things have went downhill unfortunately. My husband and I are not picky people - we like things cheap, clean and simple. With that being said, the room we had was borderline roach motel. The television had a trick to it just to be able to change the channels, the lights dimmed when I turned on my hair dryer, strange noises from the laundry room the next door over, etc. There was no mini-fridge or hair dryer as advertised. Just from the looks of the facility, vehicles and some of the tenants, I am pretty sure they are taking in long term unsavory residents in some of the rooms. Another problem I have is that the prices have went up from $40.00 a night to $80.00 a night - so that is double the price in 3 years. The location is still nice and is in easy walking distance to lots of attractions, but that is just not enough to satisfy us anymore. The clean and simple Colton Motel of 2011 is long gone and unfortunately they have replaced it with a roach motel kind of vibe.

Room Tip: Don't get room 11.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We called, last minute for a room for two nights. Richard at the desk was so helpful, left a key for us as we arrived around 5am. Room was very large with 3 beds for a very reasonable price. Walking distance to all attractions. Across the street from the battlefield. Can leave your car and just walk everywhere, to historic downtown. Room was very clean, has a tv and free WiFi. No fridge, but fine with us. Very good, would stay again for sure! Beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family