“Love it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Pittsburgh, South Hills
“Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

We have been to Gettysburg and the Colton many times over the past 3 years and stay at the Colton everytime. Great location, great service and love the cleaning staff!! Hi Cheryl! Very laid back and hospitable. Miss Andrew and Kev but the new manager seems very nice also. We are a paranormal group (Pittsburgh Paranormal Investigators) (PPi) and couldn't find a better place at the rate we get and close to everything. We will be back in October and cannot wait to see you guys.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

My family and I stayed at the Colton motel back at the end aug . We checked in about 1230 at night we thought it might be a proublem checking in so late , but we were wrong , when we arrived we rang the bell , and the resident manager Kevin , was quick to respond to the door . He welcomed us as if we were family , he checked us in and answered all questions we might have , he walked to our room with us to make sure my family and i had everything we needed . Kevin invided us back down to the office for danish and coffee , and apple juice in the morning , for breakfast and to disscuse any other questions we might have .Wow what a location my family could walked everywere , My kids really enjoyed the nice clean pool . we will def. return to the colton motel for future stays in gettysburg !! Thanks Kevin for making our stay so wounderful !!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Renfrew, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

We stayed here several years ago while on a motorcycle trip and decided to spend the night on the way to Williamsburg Va. The motel an older motor lodge is well maintained and clean. The rooms are smaller but newly decorated and clean with small fridge. The manager was very helpful on check in and provided info for the area.Motel is located next to the National Cemetery and close to restaurants. A small continental breakfast is offered. WIFI connection was good.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cleoder
Erin, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

After spending the nights in Maryland at a more expensive, but awful hotel; we we approached the Colton with some trepidation. We were very pleased with the rooms. The staff were great, the rooms were nice, and the price was much less than a third of what we had paid the night before in Maryland. The location couldn't be better. We walked everywhere.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lsej
Falling Waters, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

I needed a cheap place to stay for the night and some of the reviews scared me. But in reality it is just an older motel. It has the old building smell and the bathroom hasn't been updated in a long time. If you are looking for something fancy or for a stay of more than two days, you'll probably want to look elsewhere. But it's perfectly adequate for a night or two. Only problem I had was the batteries in the TV remote needed to be replaced. Horrors, I had to change channels manually like when I was growing up!

Room was clean but older. Don't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lakrch
Gettysburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

I love the Colton inn for a couple of reasons. Mainly because I've had a room or 2 that had what I thought to be paranormal activity (it didn't happen on every stay) and the location. It's right across the street from the cemetery, just a mile or so from the Battlefield, and the overall location as in walking distance to places is pretty good. The bad experience I had was over the lack of an alarm clock. We didn't really look around the room until 1-2 am unfortunately. We then realized we didn't have an alarm clock, so I called the front desk for a wakeup call. The man who answered proceeded to chew me out for waking him up :-|. He ranted about how he had to get up at 6 am for other wakeup calls. I for some stupid reason apologized profusely, and he still made me feel like a bother. If it wasn't for the reasons why I love the hotel, I wouldn't have even gone back...maybe that's why the guy acts like a jerk, because he knows people like the location and stuff. That was a one time incident, so if u want good location, and maybe a paranormal incident go. If u go though, make sure u don't call the front desk at 1-2 am because the manager is sleeping :-|.

Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AmeliaSD
Grand Forks, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

My mom and I were on a family history trip to central PA and decided to get in a little site seeing. As we were on a fairly tight budget, a review of the hotels in the Gettysburg area produced a short list, the Colton being one of them. We stayed for three nights. The motel is centrally located within Gettysburg and located near the attractions. Our expectations were fairly low as far as the room was concerned. The rooms are somewhat small and a bit outdated, at least compared to the current trends in hotels, but that does add to its charm in some ways. The bathroom had fantastic 1950's style mint and black ceramic tiles. The bed was a bit soft for my taste however and I would recommend bringing your own pillow as the ones provided were fairly thin. In general, the hotel had a nice laid back feel and the front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. We did not spend a lot of time at the motel room so did not need a lot of amenities. If you are on a tight budget and just need a room with a bed, the Colton will fit the bill.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family