“Review Your Credit card If you stay here”

Courtyard Gettysburg
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Honestly, the hotel was OK considering the hotel choices in Gettysburg. The hotel was cheap $70.00 with an ARP card it always pays to ask plus there was free do it yourself laundry. We checked into a room next to the laundry. It was great free laundry no one staying in the hotel with a bar! Also there was breakfast for $10.95 that sounded high to us?

I always check my credit card after I stay anywhere. My credit card showed a charge of $110.00 not the $83.xx that my room billed showed. I call up the hotel and they tell me that's how they do it, after all is settled they credit me back the difference! STRANGE

I rated this hotel average had they charged me the billed amount Had they charged me what the invoice indicated I would have rated them much higher

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob M
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. I truly apologize for the inconvenience of your credit card being authorized for more than you had expected - this is simply an authorization required at check-in. Our front office manager has e-mailed you directly to hopefully clarify any issues. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Gettysburg

Reviewed 29 December 2013

A nice new Marriot Courtyard hotel about 5 minutes from downtown at a great price. No problems or issues with the room or facilities. There is also a nice brewery bar in front and a great movie theater right next door. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sven L
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! I hope you'll choose to stay with us again should you return to Gettysburg.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

There are lots of choices as to where to lay your head in Gettysburg. I found this to be a good one. I have stayed in others and this one was among the best. Clean, safe and out of the way
enough to allow for peace and quiet but still close enough to allow for easy access to the attractions. Within an easy walk are all that one needs to be happy but at the same time the area is laid back and relaxed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chucj
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Gettysburg. We know there are many lodging options, so we strive to be the best choice for travelers. We truly appreciate your business and great review, come stay with us again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Spent the night of Saturday, November 9, 2013 at the Courtyard Marriott in Gettysburg. Was able to get a room with my AAA discount and it was definitely worth the money spent. Although I do prefer to stay right in the heart of town this was only a short drive away from all of the action that Gettysburg offers (about 10 minutes).

The room (king size bed) was average in size (which was just fine....we only spent one night) and the bed was very comfortable. Most importantly to me, because I am very picky, was that the bathroom was very clean. I travel only on occasion so when I do, I have the tendency to spend a little more to have a better quality hotel. I have been to other hotels and have paid around the same amount of money as the Courtyard, if not more, and have not been pleased with the cleanliness of the bathroom. With the Courtyard Marriott in Gettysburg I have to say I really have no complaints at all.

The girl at the front desk who checked me in was very nice and hospitable. There is plenty of parking outside either set of doors that you can take to get into the hotel. The only wish that I would have is some type of free breakfast offered, even if it were to be some type of muffins, fruit, and bagels. They do have coffee in the lobby area available 24 hours, which was a nice feature, however some of the other hotels right in the heart of town that were cheaper in price offered a free continental breakfast (they were booked full which is why I stayed at the Courtyard). However, I will say that there are plenty of places in the area where you can get food if needed, whether it is a fast food or a sit-down restaurant. There is a convenience store just a few minutes away from the hotel that offers already made or made-to-order items. We ended up going there a few times during our stay.

Overall I have no complaints at all and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such a great review! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, so we are thrilled to hear that we met your expectations for cleanliness. I hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in Gettysburg.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in the courtyard for a weekend trip to Gettysburg. It was about a five minute drive from town and very nicely kept. I liked that it was out of town because it was quiet at night. It was clean and updated. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of parking. I choose the courtyards because they are consistent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cporoski
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us! We are thrilled you had a great stay in our clean, comfortable rooms. I hope you'll come stay at our hotel again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights to visit Gettysburg National Park. The hotel is on the edge of town and does not have a restaurant but there are plenty of places within a short drive. It feels new and our room was clean and comfortable and good value for money. Nice pool and hot tub and we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your wonderful comment, and hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Easy check-in, clean and comfortable rooms, good breakfast buffet, so-so fitness center. Not the best location because you have to drive to get anywhere. Caters to tourists and visitors to Gettysburg College.

Room Tip: You can pick a room with a parking lot view or a parking lot view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us, we pride ourselves in our clean, comfortable accommodations. I am thrilled to say we will be getting new exercise equipment in early 2014. Also, for future reference, there is a transit service run by the borough that will take you from our hotel's complex to the downtown area that is free of charge. Hope you'll come see us again!