“overall good place”

Courtyard Gettysburg
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I've stayed here twice, and overall it's a nice place. Typical Courtyard -- well appointed, comfortable, free parking and internet. They have a small pool inside, which is nice for kids. They serve a hot breakfast, but it is not free. Overall, a positive experience.

A couple of negatives: I was interested in the ski package, so I called the hotel with a few questions. The kid who answered didn't want to help me, and instead transferred me to the central Marriott reservation center in Missouri. Of course, he wasn't from the area so he couldn't answer my questions, and transferred me back to the Gettysburg Marriott where I had started. I never did get my questions answered and just went ahead and made a reservation and hoped that it would turn out OK.

Also, beware of the address they tell you to put into your GPS. The hotel address is on Presidential Circle, but they tell you to use an address on York Road. When I put this into my GPS, it was going to send me to the wrong place, but luckily I had been there before and I knew caught the problem before I wasted too much time driving around.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank va_trailrunner
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Gettysburg

Reviewed 8 January 2010

We have family and friends in the Gettysburg area, and this December was the second time we stayed at the Marriott for our annual Christmas visit. Once again, we were very pleased with the hotel, overall--particularly the room. It was extremely clean (and I'm a little OCD about this, so this is saying a lot!) and the beds are super-comfortable, as they are at most Marriotts anymore. I slept VERY well (despite the fact that I was visiting my in-laws!!).

The pool/hot tub area was nice, and we used it the first evening of our stay, but was fully overrun with kids by the second night, so we stayed away. The gym was small-ish, but everything was in good working order. The staff was excellent--very polite and accommodating to our requests.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. If you are a tourist and want to be in walking distance to battlefields and such, it's not a great choice as it's a ways out of town, but other than that, there's really no reason not to stay here. It's a great deal!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmh189
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I have only rave reviews for this Courtyard by Marriot. I have stayed in other Courtyard and this was one of the nicest. Great staff and service, nice comfy rooms, excellent breakfast, wonderful lounge/ bar. We went for the wine festival which was within walking distance of the hotel. We did some site seeing, there is plenty of history to see and do and the hotel is in a great spot. Very good value for the quality.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

If you are searching by location - beware! This hotel is not located where tripadvisor's map shows it! My son goes to Gettysburg College and I chose this hotel for parents' weekend, thrilled to be within walking distance of the college. After making my restriction-laden (i.e., prohibitive cancellation policies) reservation through 1-800-hotels I found out its true location - at York Road and Route 15 (near the Wyndham). If you've been to Gettysburg you will know that there are no hotels in the area where Courtyard shows on tripadvisor's map - unfortunately I wasn't aware of that at the time I made my reservation....

For now, I'm rating it same as other ratings (the average). Will update my review, if possible, after staying there....

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We would definitely stay here again. It is 3 yrs. old, but looks brand new. Large room. Granite countertops. Bar area. Huge bathroom. It looks like a Ritz! Spotless.
We loved it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgiagirl52
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Even though it was a few miles away from all the attractions in Gettysburg, it was a very clean hotel. The hotel itself was spotless & the rooms were comfortable & very clean. There was a movie theater with in walking distance. The drive to all the attractions in Gettysburg isn't bad at all.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelchickie80
Reviewed 30 September 2009

Our stay here was full of small irritants that add up to a thumbs down. We had a room with a king-size bed and a pull-out sofa bed. If we had needed the sofa bed we would have had to walk on the mattresses because the room was so small. The tv could not be angled so it could be viewed from the bed and the sofa bed was very uncomfortable when used as a couch.. The tv remote had to be angled exactly right or it would not work - and the angle was not a normal one - so it always seemed like a struggle to change channels. And the picture was not as good as the usual chain hotel.

The room was clean and well-maintained, but the toilet seat would not stay up, which is rather annoying if you are male.

In terms of the public space: ther was only one guest computer for a rather large hotel, so people were fighting to get access, the front desk was never staffed so you had to wait to be noticed on the closed-circuit tv in the back room and then for someone to come out.

The net of these things is that this is a chain hotel with a little less to offer than most others..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple