My daughter got married in Gettysburg and we rented 2 rooms and a suite at the Wyndham for 2 nights over the wedding weekend. Really nice facility - rooms were large, comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. Just a few small complaints.
1. On the bed linens you basically had a sheet and a really thick comforter that must have been designed for use in an igloo. So you had two choices - use both and sweat to death or just use the sheet and be cold.
2. Room service. We filled out the little card the night before and hung it outside the room to get breakfast delivered in the morning. We asked for it to be delivered between 8 and 8:15 by check the little box on the card. 8:30am still no breakfast. Called down to room service, couldn't get through. Talked to front desk they tried to connect me but they couldn't get through. Finally the person and the front desk said she would walk over and investigate at the restaurant (kudus for her on good service). Ten minutes later it showed up - I ordered toast with butter and jelly - got the toast but no butter and jelly.
3. No refrigerator in any room. I perhaps expected one at least in the suite but there isn't any.
All of the personnel that we dealt with were friendly and helpful - this was a plus. Just seemed like maybe the restaurant was understaffed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by historic landmarks, Civil War-era charm, and stunning natural landscape, Gettysburg is a South Central Pennsylvania destination unlike any other. Situated just outside downtown Gettysburg, on the 100-acre Gateway Gettysburg campus, discover modern amenities, world-class dining, and a spectacular onsite theater just minutes from Gettysburg's most popular attractions. Guests of this centrally-located Gettysburg hotel are welcomed to this Federal-styled property by a dedicated and friendly hotel staff. After getting settled, take a refreshing dip in the indoor swimming pool, or enjoy a workout at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Two onsite restaurants dish up exceptional fare in a casual setting. Other exceptional guest services include shuttle services to local attractions and businesses, daily newspapers and complimentary WiFi. The Wyndham Gettysburg offers a modern escape for business and leisure travelers with 248 stylish guest rooms and convenient services that make life that much easier. Stylish furnishings and incredible comfort await at the well-appointed guest rooms and suites at the Wyndham Gettysburg. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will appreciate unwinding in the plush bedding surrounded by scarlet walls and presidential blue carpeting. Enjoy flat screen TVs, complimentary WiFi, coffee and tea maker, and upscale bath amenities. The gorgeous Deluxe Suites offer a distinguished ambiance, and separate living and dining room space. For convenience, impeccable room service is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Gettysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel Gettysburg
- Gettysburg Wyndham