“Less than expected”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Windsor, Connecticut
“Less than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I chose the Wyndham, having never stayed in any of their properties before. I did not have unreasonable expectations, but even these weren't met.

The first impressions are great. The lobby is beautiful, with Civil War era sitting areas and a cannon in the center. Getting to your room is where the problems start. It's like maze if you are in one of the side rooms, though still nice to look at.

The room is where you get underwhelmed. As others have mentioned, there is no fridge unless you request beforehand. Other family stayed at budget hotels nearby, and had this standard. They thought I got taken. Maybe I did. The coffee maker looks like a Civil War relic itself.

Luckily, I didn't spend much time in the room, or I would have gone blind looking at the small TV. Nowhere was there a list of stations in the room, so you constantly have to flip channel by channel to find what you are looking for.

Overall, this is a beautiful hotel on the first floor, but lacks things that are fairly standard in the rooms. If I come back to Gettysburg, I think I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Jeff L
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to the experience we strive to create for our guests. Please know that we take your feedback to heart and will be sure to follow-up with your concerns. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I loved the location of the hotel. You could walk to a movie theater and a restaurant right in the same plaza. About a 5 min drive to explore historic gettysburg, more restaurants, shopping outlets are nearby too. The pool was nice, the hot tub didn't seem to be working properly, the jets kind of just fizzed at you didn't really do much. The exercise room was great, I had it all to myself one morning. The room itself was cozy and clean, I loved the comforters, the bed was soft and comfy. Ran into lots of family staying here so it seemed very family friendly. I loved the stand up shower, there isn't a tub so if you're a bath person this isn't for you. Overall everything was pleasant here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bubbles284
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to use some of our amenities and enjoyed our property. I am sorry we did not provide you with one of our bath tub rooms. Approximately one-third of our guest rooms feature bathtubs with the remaining rooms offering a luxury shower. We would be happy to reserve a tub room for you on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again.