“A nice place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wyndham Gettysburg

Wyndham Gettysburg
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Friendly staff and clean hotel. Room was huge! Great layout and easy to get to battlefields. Walking distance to nice restaurant. Complimentary breakfast would have been nice, but didn't change out positive experience at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing our Wyndham Gettysburg Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were staying at a campground this week when the weather report went seriously south. We decided to bail and get a hotel room.
Called 800 number for Wyndham and was told I could get an accessible room with 2 queens for the AAA price of $134.. I like to call the hotel directly and see if I can do better. Called and was told absolutely no availability for 2 queens. I could only get a king suite with pull out couch. Ok we could maybe do that...but price was $199. I tell them I was told on 800 line there was rooms with 2 queens available. Nope she said...only king room for $199 available. Huh? So I call back the 800 number and book with no problem. Concerned enough I call hotel directly again to confirm. Yup, I had that 2 queen room that I was told was not available. Pissed me off. I feel like the front desk was pushing me into more expensive room when cheaper rooms were obviously available. When I checked in I mentioned at desk I did not need accessible room and if there was a need for someone with special needs to have this room we would be happy to move. Told they had "loads" of accessible rooms available. Seriously??
Next issue....the beds. The crappy futon in the camping cabin was better than this bed. Husband never ever complains but even he said his back was aching. Really thin mattress with "feather" cover on top. Mattress was maybe 8 inches thick with sags in the middle. I expected a higher quality of mattress from the Wyndham brand. Really bad. Complained to front desk and to their credit they sent someone to room. We were told they would bring in new bed toppers and flip the mattress. Thanks a bunch but we were checking out. She did say she would mention the poor quality of the mattress to the management but we heard nothing.
Pool was cloudy and cold. Hot tub has very few jets underwater. Crazy holes cut in tile above water line with water shooting out. Not jets - just water. It is like who ever cut into the tile had no idea what a hot tub was. Kids and I giggled. Construction fail. LOL
All and all I chose the Wyndham because of rating on Trip Advisor. Not the best experience

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family