“More style than substance”
Review of Wyndham Gettysburg

Wyndham Gettysburg
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Fredonia, New York
“More style than substance”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our family of 4 stayed for 2 nights in August while visiting Gettysburg. The rate was good for a place of this size and hotel is attractively decorated with Americana, appropriate for a such historical location. The staff were very friendly, both at the front desk and in the hallways. The highlight for my kids was the indoor pool, which is clean and clear and has long hours, so we could splash around even after a long day of sight seeing. However, I doubt we'd return here as a family. Some of the little amenities, more common at places with fewer stars, are missing here including mini fridges and microwaved. The restaurant was overpriced for a family with young children and their little store was very limited in supplies. (We were unable to find some basic toiletries.)

1 Thank wdbrownusa
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that for future stays we provide fridges and microwaves for our guests upon request at check-in. I understand your concerns regarding the market store and toiletries. I appreciate your feedback and please be assured I will follow-up with this. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Love, love, love this place! Just make a left out of the complex and in 10 minutes your in
downtown gettysburgh. Place is clean spacious comfy and an excellent restaurant. Food was owesome. I think the name is 1863. A must do!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Gettysburg, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to hear you had the opportunity to dine in our 1863 Restaurant and had an enjoyable dining experience. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
new haven ct
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My son has severe allergies, and Cassie at the front desk was so helpful --she made sure that the room was checked for things that would set off his allergies and substitute pillows and blankets put in instead. Cassie's helpfulness was the main reason we went ahead and booked a room! So far, rave reviews from my husband and son --- who are there right now!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and tha Cassie was very helpful to you. She loves her position and assisting guests! I will share your kind words with Cassie. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Gettysburg visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Wow!! We just returned from an exotic (and super expensive) trip to Maui and came here for the weekend. After staying in exotic, amazing hotels, we weren't expecting much, but this place really wowed us! The front lobby is stunning, the hotel is beautifully and tastefully decorated (and so patriotic - it is really fun!), and everything is new. The rooms were great. Nice windows (they actually open) and a beautiful bathroom. The bed linens were white - SO important - and there was a nice snack shop downstairs. There were lots of outlets right by the bed for cell phones, computers, iPads, etc. This place just really seemed to be outfitted with what people want in a hotel room now - which I liked (except the TV was laughably small... but that's ok - I hardly ever watch TV while traveling anyway).

My sister had dinner here and enjoyed it, but said portions were small. My husband and I went for breakfast; $30 for 2 so a little higher than average. I got an omelet - it was good - my husband had the buffet, which he wasn't that impressed with (a lot seemed like it had been out for a while - cinnamon rolls were hard, oatmeal was a sticky mush, etc.). But the dining area was lovely. The BEST part about this hotel is that they allow pets!!! We didn't bring our dogs this trip, but wished we had! It was a lot of fun to see the dogs being walked by their owners outside of the hotel. I never heard any dogs inside the hotel. I love that they allow people to travel with their pets!! I am planning another Gettyburg trip just so we can stay here with our pups - seriously! We loved it!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your meals were not of the quality we strive to provide for our guests. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow-up with our food and beverage associates. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2014

On previous trips tp Gettysburg we always stayed near the town center, Lincoln Square. This area is very busy, crowded and parking is at a premium. Most hotels and inns do NOT have parking.
We decided to stay in an affordable full service hotel about 3miles from the square. Location was great. Took exactly 8 minutes to the square and less to most sites because we avoided the square.
The restaurant served great breakfasts and dinners and the staff was friendly and helpful. There was no parking charge and it was quiet and peaceful. I will stay here again next time I'm in Gettysburg.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank proschusser
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your expectations. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.