“Not as nice as our last stay here, but still nice.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is my second stay at this campground. The first time we stayed here 4 years ago I remember it being in really good shape and nicer than it is now. We stayed Halloween weekend, and there were plenty of Halloween activities throughout the weekend. They had a Halloween parade, trick or treating, and a dance party. It was a great time. The only complaints I had was the bathhouses are in poor condition. The stalls do not lock, some have curtains and no longer have the doors. The wifi barely reached our site and we often lost connection. Other than that we had a great stay!

Room Tip: This is a campground, you bring your own room :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Campuscop2003

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The campground was very nice, well kept and everyone seemed very nice. Since we were there in the fall, the leaves were changing. It was convenient to all the sights and events in Gettysburg and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This campground is very conveniently located near the battlefield and town. I spent a week there with my family and used a popup camper to camp. The campground rv areas are clean and well kept. Despite the tent sites being near a beautiful stream, would never tent camp at this campground. The camp sites are very close to one another and were mud pits. They also had to walk a fair distance to use plumbed bathrooms (vs a port a potty). The restrooms themselves are small. The men's room needed maintenance, using a shower curtain for one of the bathroom stall doors. Finally, be sure that the amount the front desk charges you at check in is the amount that was quoted when you reserved the campsite. I did not have my paperwork with me at check in and couldn't remember the amount quoted. After settling into my campsite, I noted an approximately $80 difference. After bringing the discrepancy up with the owner, he told me that the documented and quoted amount was wrong and that the amount charged to my credit card was what he charges for his sites. I had to argue vigorously for my refund which was finally made with attitude I didn't appreciate. I had even offered to meet in the middle at first, but the owner tossed the confirmation paper at his clerk and curtly told her to "just give her the refund".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank amy m
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Well kept, clean, friendly campground. Close to all major Gettysburg attractions. Staff was helpful and friendly. We would highly suggest staying here for your Gettysburg visit. Spots are level and good road into campground. Just had a small problem with bad Wi-Fi reception at my particular site but was not a problem for us. Love the place !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mamie9453
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This well kept RV park was very convenient for our visit to the historic battlefield. In over 2 months of staying at various RV parks in the northeast, we found that this one had the best equipped restrooms. There weren't many campers when we stayed there, but I wonder if there are enough restroom facilities when this park is full. The WiFi worked very well - again perhaps because there were few users while we were there. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank astrobob
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our children really enjoyed catching crawfish. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the staff was friendly and gave good advice on the area. The playground was suitable, would have liked to have seen something for the wee-little ones. We will return. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is my second stay in three years and I am very impressed with how clean they keep everything. I'm in a motorhome and the spot was level and had a good stone base that make it easy to level my motorhome. The electric, water, sewer, cable and Wi-Fi worked flawlessly.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a lot of activities for families.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gettysburg
Drummer Boy Camping Resort
Gettysburg Hotel
Gettysburg Hotel
#12 of 28 in Gettysburg
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield

Been to Gettysburg Campground? Share your experiences!