“Great Experience”

History Nerds Battlefield & Education Tours
Ranked #2 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gettysburg's most comfortable, personable and ONLY visually interactive battlefield & education tour. Join the Nerds on a comfy, fun, personable and knowledgeable tour of the most historic ground in all of America, Gettysburg. Also watch in High definition a visual experience of the battle of Gettysburg while on the tour. Several tours to choose from to make it a great experience for our guests!
Syracuse, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I would recommend this tour to anyone. Tim was awesome. As a history major, he is pretty much the professor I'd want to teach my civil war history course if I could do it over again. My wife and I did the tour during the anniversary and that added to things coming to life. But regardless of the time of year, the passion of the guide and freedom to ask questions without reserve added to the conceptualization of the battle as a whole. While at a comparable price, he added information that the licensed guide did not offer. The battlefield maps were a great plus. He used some more proper military terms than the licensed guide. The only negative is that he could not leave the van. That said he provided more than enough information to visualize the battle without someone pointing out the advances and defenses.

TLDNR: Excellent experience. I would do this tour again next time I go to Gettysburg. And I feel like I got a good grip from the first tour...

Visited July 2014
tim d, Owner at History Nerds Battlefield & Education Tours, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Scott, I was truly honored to have a couple that serves our country on the tour and even more privileged that you spent your anniversary with us. Sincere thank you for the kind words and you choosing History Nerds. You guys are great! Tim

Coal Township, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Up close and personal”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I took our third trip to Gettysburg on Monday, and it was the best so far. We took Tim's tour and it was so much better than the bus tour we took several years ago. Tim's passionate about Civil War history, there's no doubt about it. His passion translates into a very enjoyable tour. He picks you up at your hotel and delivers you for less money than any bus tour. How can you beat that? Tim's personable and knowledgeable - a winning combination. I highly recommend this tour.

1 Thank rosaliebreslin
Thanks so much for choosing History Nerd Tours and the nice reply. You two were a joy to have on board and I appreciated your sincerest desire to learn and respect how important this ground is to our country and the men who sacrificed so much here. Thank you again! Tim
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Personal Tour of Gettysburg Battlefields”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Tim provided my husband and me with a wonderful, insightful tour of the Gettysburg Battlefields. He is an historian and a researcher who combines personal storytelling, audio segments and battlefield maps to help bring the tragic and dramatic events to life. The small van approach to the tour allowed for spontaneous questions and answers that made this tour very memorable.

Thanks Tim for your enthusiasm and our great tour!

Vinnie and Jean
Boston, MA

1 Thank Jean A
tim d, Owner at History Nerds Battlefield & Education Tours, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Jean, thank you for the great words and choosing us for your stop in Gettysburg. You and your husband were a lot of fun and I hope your trip to Virginia was a fun and safe one. Tim
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“first class tour - this is the one to choose”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First of all this tour was $15 cheaper than any tour at the visitors center with a liscensed tour guide. My wife and I were picked up at our hotel (very convenient) in a very comfortable van. Over a 2 hour period we learned more about the 3 days of the battle than I can ever remember learning in school. Our guide was really passionate about the history of the period and provided many facts you wouldn't learn in a history book. There is no doubt in my mind that this was the right choice to make on what was our best day in Gettysburg.

1 Thank codthorkellymax
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The BEST tour in town!!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The History Nerds provided a fabulous tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield. It was a personal and small tour and the van was comfortable. Our tour guide Tim, was super informative, passionate and friendly. He is sincerely excited about sharing his knowledge. He started with the first day at the specific location and proceeded chronologically. This made the battle come alive. Their group supports a non profit organization and as people who visit many National Park Service Units this is the best tour we have had! Tim is a great guy and the History Nerds Tour is a fabulous way to see the Battlefield. We HIGHLY recommend it to all!!!

Chris and Chad

2 Thank Christine S
It was an honor to share a great part of history with a couple educators. I had a blast with you and your husband and I hope you all can find your way back to Gettysburg someday. Tim