“Fun Tour!”
Review of Jennie Wade House

Jennie Wade House
Ranked #10 of 109 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jennie Wade House is a guided tour with the guides in period clothing taking you through the home where the only civilian killed during the battle of Gettysburg was tragically lost. As the story unfolds the guides take you room to room following the path of the family on July 3rd 1863.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I loved going through this home. You can feel the history! I noticed that on th email envelope, from Jennie's boyfriend, that he drew a tiny heart on the end of her name. I pointed it out to the guide. Apparently, I am the first to notice that! Yay me! I can't wait to take family to the tour! Thank you for a really interesting time.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hostess if so friendly and the host is wonderful and so knowledgable. Learn the true story. The tour was outstanding!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Was great to learn of the history of the house and look in all of the rooms. Was next to the hotel that we were staying in.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Jennie was a truly amazing young lady that died for her country. Being told her story and seeing the room she died in and the facts surrounding her death will bring a tear to ones eye. She was truly and American Civil War Hero!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have always wanted to visit the Jennie Wade House and finally got the opportunity to go there last month. The tour was very interesting and informative. Our tour guide Roger was wonderful. He was a great story-teller and answered all of our questions. The house looks much like it did when Jennie Wade was shot there and we learned so much from taking the tour. I would recommend this tour for anyone who visits Gettysburg.