“A definite must 'go' when in Gettysburg!”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gateway
Ranked #29 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I'm in the majority here, when I say that for lunch at least when we are in Gettysburg we always stop in and get some great pub bistro food. The burgers are some of the best I've tasted, and for local (so far for burgers, pulled pork, loaded nachos etc. about 10 places) they are the best. The craft beer selection and for the discerning palette anywhere from IPA to wheat, to lager to Scottish Ale (bourbon infused), all I can recommend, depending on your preference. Only knock there on the more crowded weekends, the lot is way too small, witnessed an accident in the parking lot where a big pickup truck tried backing up and hit a car on his way out (a local patron flagged him down as he tried to leave). The waitstaff are friendly but not very knowledgeable on the beer - b/c of that I have to deduct one star for this and the parking. Otherwise a high recommendation!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

A very nice find on recent trip to Gettysburg. Food is good bar style bistro. I had a Ruben panini that was very good. The burgers were also very good. The service was a bit slow the day were were there but the beer selection and the recommendation from the staff was superb. I hope to come back next time I am in the area.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This place is very disappointing, the staff are rude and if you can go any other place make sure you do.
We wanted to have dinner here because we were staying in the hotel right next door.
Big mistake
I would not recommend this place to any one.

1  Thank Gregsuzanne
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Good food but great beer. Service was good and helpful with advice on beers. I will go back when I'm in Gettysburg again.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We got great advice from an enthusiastic young man re both food and beer. Have decided that the the "Jolly Scot" Scottish ale is wonderful!