“great meal, great service”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway
Ranked #13 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“great meal, great service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Had a great meal and service. Read bad reviews on service but we had a fabulous waitress. Worth stopping. Good beer!

• Visited July 2014

denver
“Gateway Restaurant: Needs help”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting Gettysburg for several years. I lead tours and visit for my own R&R. I've gone to the Buford avenue restaurant numerous times and have always been pleased. The food, beer and service are always very good. On June 18 I tried the Gateway restaurant to see how it was. The food was good as is normal for the ABC. The service was awful that night. From the time I ordered my beer to getting it was 15 minutes (remember this was a not so busy Wednesday night). From the time I ordered the meal to getting it was another 20 minutes. I ordered a salad for before the entre and the waiter brought them both out together. The waiter seemed lost. He was apologizing constantly to all the tables around me. He left the menu on the table along with the beer samples I had. No follow up either. Extremely poor service which I hope isn't the norm for this location. I spoke with the manager about all of this and of course he apologized profusely. I'll try it again and give them another chance.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank maynerd
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worth stopping In”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This location is right off the battlefield behind General Lee's headquarters. The food was good, served hot and fresh, with great service. This is a microbrewery, so they have a pretty good selection of beers. Try the Sasquatch burger if you go. They also have a downstairs event room, for large parties. If you're coming from NFA, it's worth the trip!

• Visited May 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Nice dinner in Gettysburg”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After touring the battlefield we looked for a good spot for a quick casual dinner. My wife is a vegetarian and the menu looked promising online so we stopped in and were pleased. Nice pub menu with many choices, veggie burger and fish & chips were both good. Service was efficient and the microbrewery aspect provided good beer, especially the IPA. We would not hesitate to visit again when in Gettysburg.

• Visited June 2014
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Friendly & attentive bar service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have visited the ABC at it's location and Lititz a few times and have always been happy with the food and service. This afternoon I was looking for a place nearby to watch the World Cup USA match. I chose ABC Gettysburg Gateway because of my positive experiences in the past. It did not disappoint. They had several TVs in which to watch the game, and they lowered the music and turned up the sound on the game. I sat at the bar and received excellent service the whole time. She periodically checked in, but wasn't obnoxious or pushy like some bartenders can be when you are sitting at the bar to watch a game. Besides their brewed beer, they also had a local cider on tap and a full service bar. The drinks were good and cold. I ordered an order of their (hot) pretzel logs-- very yummy and served piping hot. My only complaint is that $9 seems a little expensive for 3 pretzel logs. Maybe they could offer a few happy hour or game day specials on apps. Otherwise, no complaints, except that we lost the game :(

• Visited July 2014