“Perfect location”
Review of Gettysburg Hotel

Gettysburg Hotel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Perfect location in town. The hotel's restaurant was nice, not particularly for small children (we had a 1 yr old with us) but they did accommodate us & were happy to do so. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013
WHGGuestService, Manager at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Shannon, thank you for your Trip Advisor review and posting the photo of our new bedding for other members to see. I also appreciate your comments related to One Lincoln, our new restaurant on Lincoln Square. Traveling with a toddler can present some unique challenges; so our team is always working to make the stay of any guests with a little one as easy and problem-free as possible. I hope you return and visit us again!

Susan Perrothers,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We booked a package that included dinner, breakfast and a bottle of wine. My room was not ready at 6:00 in the evening when I arrived. I did not receive any information on my package upon check in & then I had to ask, at which point I was given food coupons for One Lincoln restaurant. The wine bottle arrived at my room at 8:30. The glasses weren't in any type of box or carrying device so I had to pack them amongst my stuff to keep them from getting broke the remainder of my trip. The front desk seemed quite overwhelmed.
We had a lovely room on the top floor in the corner with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. It would have been a perfectly relaxing room had it not been for the traffic and bar noise all night long. The walls are so thin it sounded like the windows were open. It was a restless night to say the least. It's a shame; I had high hopes for the room. It was very clean and spacious, just terribly loud.
One Lincoln had a very good salmon dish I would recommend. The staff was disorganized; my salad arrived after my main course. The restaurant is nicely decorated & the food presentations are nice ... but ... instead of a person clearing each table, the staff pile all the dishes on a big tray in the middle of the room and I had to stare at dirty dishes my entire seating. I also noticed the food comes out, covered, and is left on another big tray until a waiter picks it up. My dinner sat for a good 5 minutes & several people lifted the cover to see what it was before my waiter got it to my table. It's in very poor taste if you ask me, especially since they try to put off a higher class restaurant. Skip breakfast; nothing special there.

Room Tip: Overlooking the square is quite noisy all night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

I appreciate your review and comments tremendously. Your observations that you’ve shared with us have in turn been shared with the managers in the appropriate departments that were mentioned in your review. Some of the things you pointed out are instant fixes for us – especially for the items in the restaurant. I want to assure you and the rest of the Trip Advisor Community that appropriate changes have been made to fix these problems.

Unfortunately, there are some items that we can’t change. Our great central location does come with that caveat related to the hustle and bustle on Lincoln Square. Luckily we have a wide variety of guest rooms in areas of the hotel that are more suitable for travelers that prefer a more serene atmosphere. I encourage all guests - Trip Advisor users or not - to reach out to our front desk when booking. They will work with you to provide a room location suited for your preference.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope you’re able to return at some point in the future and give us another opportunity to impress you.

Susan Perrothers,

Reviewed 31 March 2013

The hotel recently renovated all the public space including the restaurant and the guest rooms. Clean modern updated look. Very nice. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the restaurant.
The hotel need to work on turning their rooms. Check in is at 4pm, we could not get in until 445pm and the hotel did not offer a comp drink at the bar. Many other people were also told their rooms were not ready.
Great location, right on square. Lots of shops and restaurants to walk to.

Room Tip: If you request a room that overlooks the square, you will get a terrific view, but be aware, many bi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Manager at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for the review, we always look forward to reading our guests reviews as they help us to continuously improve. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our renovations. On the other hand, I’m sorry to hear about your check-in difficulties, we are taking action to make sure this type of situation doesn’t happen again. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

The newly renovated rooms are beautiful, and we had a lovely view of Lincoln Square. Unfortunately, you have to pay for parking, but it is not too much and the lot is fairly convenient. The hotel is in the middle of Lincoln Square which made walking to restaurants and shops very convenient. The driving distance to Gettysburg National Monument was less than 10 minutes. Very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I would get an upper room - we had noisy upstairs neighbors...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving your review with the tripadvisor community – we appreciate all the reviews we receive to ensure we consistently offer the best guest experience. I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed our new renovations and some of the things the wonderful town of Gettysburg has to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were in Gettysburg for a wedding and after catching a Groupon deal, decided to make it a weekend stay instead of an overnight. The good part is that the recently renovated room was spacious and comfortable. We had a dinner and breakfast at the restaurant 's grand ending and both meals were good. My unhappiness had to do with the desk clerks. They couldn't find my reservation until I produced the reservation and then instead of "I'm sorry, I found it now heard, "You put your first name in the last name field.". (which may be but was more likely the Groupon interface with their reservation system. But, even after that, it was never corrected and we had several people tell us they looked for us but the motel kept saying we weren't registered. When the housekeeping staff did not re- stock our bath soap and threw away what had been there, I called the desk and once again did not receive an apology- just a curt "we will send it up". When I asked if there was a snack machine or sundries shop, the desk clerk said no without any suggestions of how we might find what we were looking for. Worst of all, when we checked in, vague directions of where to park were given and no suggestions of where/how to unload our baggage. It was a long,cold trundle from the parking garage and some assistance would have been nice. But the location is outstanding and the accommodations good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for leaving your review with us. We value every review we receive as it helps us to continuously improve. I’m very sorry to hear about the complication with finding your reservation. We have reviewed the process with our front desk and discussed the complications that reservations through Groupon could present. Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your stay.

(717) 337-2000
Sue Perrothers

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had a truly lovely stay. Check-in was quick and easy... you pull up to the front so that you can unload your things and then come back down to move your car to the lot that just behind the hotel ($8/night). I asked for a quiet room away from elevator bells and traffic and was placed in 407 (which was perfect). The room was clean and warm, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was spacious (when they're too small the humidity never seems to dissipate in the morning), and the shower pressures and toiletries were great, too. I didn't watch any tv but it was quite a formidable flat screen that was paired with a snazzy remote.

I ate in the restaurant downstairs for both dinner and breakfast the following morning and everything was reasonably priced and portions/flavors were satisfying. If you're not interested in their menu the hotel is thankfully smack in the middle of town so it's a short walk to anywhere else that you would like to give a shot. The newly renovated lounge is very pretty and there's coffee and newspapers available to guests all day. The check-out process was equally painless and I was back on route 15 in minutes. All-in-all, it was a great overnight stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tobah99

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests regarding the quality of their stay. I’m very happy to hear our newly renovated rooms met your needs so perfectly. The remote you mentioned is a special clean remote that is designed to be much cleaner than your average remote. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Aside from not getting a wake up call I had requested this place is great. I have stayed here before and will again. Had a nice renovated room, staff was courteous and apologetic about the missed wake up call.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gburgabe

Thank you for the review, I sincerely apologize for the missed wake up call. I’m glad you enjoyed our renovations. We hope to see you again very soon!