“Center of Gettysburg!”
Review of Gettysburg Hotel

Gettysburg Hotel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nice hotel with big rooms. It's been remodeled and the shades do not block out the light so bring some that can cover the windows. We were in room 303 and the sun came up at 4:55 until 7:55 a.m. The the sun was to,enable.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the front or an east facing room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Director of Rooms at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to inform the TripAdvisor community about the specific details of the rooms of our hotel.

I apologize that you were awoken by the early morning sun shining into your room windows - I know that can be frustrating. We hope that we'll be able to accommodate you on your return trip to Gettysburg and when you do, I will personally ensure that you will stay in a room with window treatments that better suit your needs.

Regards,
Michael Taylor
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The stopper in the tub didn't work so you couldn't take a bath. NO USB ports in the room. Not one! This is 2014, isn't it? The woman at the front desk who checked us in was less than friendly. They tell you, at check in, that you have to park your car in the parking garage in the back. This costs 75 cents an hour or $10 if you park and don't move your vehicle. But the topper was when, the next day, I went to the parking garage to get my car and my husband was waiting for me on a bench in front of the hotel. I walk with a cane due to an athritic knee. I needed my husband's assistance and, since I have trouble walking and he doesn't carry a cell phone, I called the girl at the front desk and asked if she would ask my husband who was just outside the front door to come around to the garage to help me. She told me no one with the description I gave her was out there. I ended up struggling until I finally was able to take my car around front and there he was...exactly where I told her he was sitting. I will never stay at this hotel again! It is definitely NOT worth the extra money that you pay.

Room Tip: The $219 room was very small.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We always appreciate hearing from our guests as the feedback helps us to continuously improve.

I’d like to let the TripAdvisor community know that our front desk maintains a cache of various electronics cords and chargers that guests may borrow if they find their own was forgotten. As noted in this review, USB power/charging ports are not a standard amenity we offer.

Micky K, I’m terribly sorry that our front desk associate was unable to locate your companion. Your experience at our hotel should have been filled with “wow’s” - and anything less than that is missing the mark of what true hospitality is all about. I will speak with my associates and work to empower them to seize opportunities that will truly assist and impress our guests. I sense that your overall sentiment about your stay with us could have been much different if our response to your request for help in locating him was handled with more diligence.

Again I apologize that this experience tarnished your stay and I do hope that if you return to Gettysburg, that you provide us with an opportunity demonstrate our commitment to excellent hospitality.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 2 and was checked right in. ( check in is at 4). Parking is around back in a pay lot for $10 a day. They should really offer free parking permits to those who stay in the suites for the price you pay. The room itself was nice, the sitting area in the king bedroom suite was rather small. The view was of a rooftop and windows into the other side of the hotel. Horrible view, also it states it has been around for a long time yet it was completely redone after a 90's fire. Great location as it is right downtown.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristineSerratelli
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Gettysburg Hotel for your recent trip to our historic town. We are proud of our location in the "Heart of Gettysburg" and often times are able to accommodate our guest with early arrival times.

Although the hotel has gone through many changes through the years, there has been a hotel in this historic location since 1797 and we recently completed a full renovation last year in an effort to meet the modern traveler's changing needs for comfort while doing our best to preserve the integrity of the building. Many of our rooms have excellent views of the town and landscape but as with many hotels, not all do.

I understand your opinion about the parking and will take your suggestion into consideration. However, it's a city owned garage/lot and we don't have control over the costs associated right now. I apologize for your frustration.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a detailed review for the audience here on TripAdvisor. My team and I look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Gettysburg.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from a girls getaway weekend at this hotel. Great location, pleasant and helpful staff, nice amenities and clean environment. The restaurant was good as well, with tasty food, decent prices, and large potions. Only downside was the coffee- too strong and bitter. ;) Oh well, I still highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear DCTravelGirl06,

Thank you so much for allowing The Gettysburg Hotel to be a part of your Girls Weekend! Gettysburg is such a a great escape for some time to relax, refresh, and unwind.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and services. Sorry about the coffee - hopefully we'll get it right next time! One Lincoln is a great restaurant and our Chef and his culinary team take great pride in all they do and it clearly shows!

We really appreciate you taking the time to give the Gettysburg Hotel such a positive review as it will help fellow travelers while planning! We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Gettysburg!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The history of Gettysburg smacks you like a freight train the moment you hit town. This hotel is impetus for that feeling. As much as I love 5 star hotels that make you feel like a King (or queen), sometimes it's nice to enjoy the intimacy of a hotel like this. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable. I would stay here again, in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about the Gettysburg Hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the intimate setting of the hotel - it's nice to get that feeling being in the heart of such a historic city.

It is our mission to ensure that our guests feel at home "away from home" and it sounds like we did our job! We look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Gettysburg!

Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of chartered tour. Great room with a comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice meeting rooms and a huge ballroom. The parking deck is right in back.

The location is right in the center of town, so it's easy to walk to nearby attractions. We had meals prepared by the hotel and they were de-lish!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

So glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful town, rich in history with so much to see and do. I will share your comments with our Team as it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests. We look forward to servicing you the next time you are in town.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here on May 20th for my class trip to Washington D.C., however we planned to stay in Gettysburg the first night. It is located right in the middle of Gettysburg, so there are establishments around to grab a bite. My room was very clean and the beds were comfortable, and the television had good quality and plenty of stations to choose from. If I ever end up in Gettysburg in the future, this will definitely be a top choice to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel during your recent trip to Washington, DC. It was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable. We hope that you'll choose the Gettysburg Hotel again for your next stay in the city.