Baladerry Inn
US$120
US$102
US$89
US$65
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$116
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$160
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$122
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$194
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$132
Hampton.com
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$85
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Travelocity
All reviewscarriage housethe main housemarigold roomprimrose roomgreat roomdaisy roomb brose suitewild turkeyshot tubthree coursesjudy's breakfastshour accessfire pithuge fireplacecountry settingprivate patio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I were looking for a B&B to celebrate our 13th anniversary. I made reservations via phone to make sure they allow just one night (and they do) which is great since most other B&Bs in Gettysburg require a 2-night minimum.

Upon arrival, we found an envelope with our name that had our room key, invoice and letter to welcome us with more details of the inn. We each took a cookie that was offered on a table and were pleasantly surprised to meet Judy, one of the owners, in the parking lot. She was so welcoming! We headed to the Daisy room which was beautiful and clean to freshen up and head out for the night. When we returned that evening, we took a water and soda from the snack area. That was such a nice touch!

Breakfast was delicious and served by staff member, Peggy, and Kenny, Judy's husband and owner. First was a dish of bananas topped with granola and peanut butter sauce. Next was a piece of cantaloup bread and finished off with an egg casserole and a side of green beans and potatoes. After breakfast, I spent some time in the loft looking at the scrapbook of the Baladerry Inn history which was so interesting to see the before and after pictures. There is also a book of sightings and stories from guests who have stayed there which was pretty cool.

After breakfast, my husband napped while I sat on the patio watching the rain and listening to the birds chirping. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Before checking out, I helped myself to a cup of Keurig coffee offered in the hallway. Peggy invited me to see the suite as her and Judy were cleaning it. They both thanked us for coming and I went to return our key to Kenny who was in the main house chatting with other guests.

Peggy was so personable and helpful in suggesting that we visit the Historic Center which was an excellent choice. Judy and Kenny are super friendly and we will definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spent three nights in the garden room and loved it. The room was large and comfortable, located in the main house. Grounds were beautiful, could watch the bird feeder from the bedroom window. Judy's breakfasts were wonderful. Couldn't beat the location, only minutes from the military park visitors center, easy to get into town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife stayed in the Cottage Rose suite. I believe this is the biggest they have. Very spacious, well appointed, very clean. wi-fi in the main building. Judy & staff were very friendly & helpful. 3 course breakfast every day included. very serene setting with deer, birds, etc. would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I spent three nights during our visit to Gettysburg. We were greeted with a warm welcome and given a very helpful tour of the main house and carriage house as well as all of the amenities. We entered a beautifully decorated room that was extremely clean and comfortable. Again, Judy, (the owner) really took her time explaining everything that she offered her guests and was friendly and welcoming. Judy went "above and beyond" with all of the refreshments, (many were homemade) that were available to anyone who was staying at the inn.
The three course breakfasts were phenomenal! My husband, (who is not a breakfast eater) never left a crumb on his dish. Judy even remembered to prepare her famous stuffed french toast that he had asked her about when we arrived.
Peggy and Connie went out of their way to make us feel welcome each day. They couldn't have done more to take care of us. Both ladies were kind, funny and friendly.
I have never seen three people work so hard and still take the time to make friends with each guest. We never felt like customers. We felt like guests in someone's home.
If you ever go to Gettysburg, (and you should), you must stay at The Baladerry Inn. It is very close to the battlefield, the visitor's center and historic downtown Gettysburg. You won't be disappointed. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!

Room Tip: You don't need a tip. Any room would be great!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I hit the jackpot when I selected the Baladerry Inn for my first trip to Gettysburg. Located on the outskirts of the city, it's still just two minutes from the Visitor Center. My room, in the Carriage House, was immaculate and extremely comfortable. Guests should know that the WIFI doesn't work in that building, but it does function well in the comfortable great room in the main house. Loved Judy's creative and hearty breakfasts, served on the patio. Judy and Kenny are gracious hosts, offering a warm welcome. I highly recommend this B&B and will stay again when I return to Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms in the carriage house have patios.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo