Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Colton Motel(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe barnmorning historytack roomhistory lessonghost storiescivil wareach morningb bcookiesroot beerlocal historiancats roaminghideaway roompre breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswedding venuebeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here last year in the General Merritt's Suite. Loved it!!! We have stayed in several B&Bs in Gettysburg and this is by far the best. Located on a private part of the battlefield it is in the country but 10 min from attractions. Florence and her staff were friendly and helpful and made our stay a memorable one. We loved the living history lectures before breakfast and the breakfast was awesome!!! We are going again this year and are staying in the same Suite. Can't wait to get there. This year we will be there on weekend so we get to hear the ghost stories by the fireplace. We always go on our anniversary Looking forward to our stay there again.!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2010

My husband and I and my parents stayed at Swan Cottage and had a wonderful time. The cottage has spoiled me for staying anywhere else. It was peaceful, clean and lovely. We walked the lane to the main bed and breakfast every morning for breakfast, which was my favorite part of the trip! The breakfasts were fantastic and Florence and the staff were wonderful. It was like a wonderful dream you didn't want to wake up from. Thank you for a great experience in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stayed at Battlefield B&B last summer with our 2 yr old grandson and daughter and son-in-law. We throughly enjoyed the historical lectures before breakfast. The breakfasts were excellent and the staff couldn't have been sweeter to our grandson. He was able to take a good nap in the afternoon and we entertained our other relatives in the parlor before dinner using the TV to show a personal travel video.
Our grandson loved the kitties and goats !
Explore this unique site with your family. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank phyndman
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband, mother and I had the great fortune of staying 2 nights at the Battlefield B&B. We were in the Merrit Suite, which was perfect for the three of us. A king size room & bed for us and a smaller room with a double bed for my Mom sharing a huge bathroom. The food was excellent, the service and staff cordial, helpful and eager to assist in the experience. The grounds are beautiful and there's even a goat. My husband and I expecially enjoyed the 8 am living history lesson. One morning we were fortunate enough to have a discussion with Horace Greely and get his thoughts of the events of the time. The next day we had a historical review from the perspective of a confederate solder who was kind enough to bring along some of the items he would typically pack.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 8 June 2010

A good friend, my two dogs and I spent a wonderful three days in Gettysburg not the least of which was the time spent in the Battlefield B&B. Definitely on the 'must stay here again' list for future travel through the area. Room was quiet (Graham's Artillery in the oldest part of the house), beds were sooooo comfortable, and the breakfast and 8 AM speakers were worth getting up for. Convenient location to the park, atmosphere of the house itself and the helpful, pleasant staff were superb.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends