“Another Great Stay”
Review of Brafferton Inn

Brafferton Inn
Ranked #4 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We are never disappointed when we stay at the Brafferton. It is the best bed and breakfast in Gettysburg. We stayed for the New Years Holiday and it was wonderful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We love the rooms with fireplaces. They are so warm and toasty. You could not ask for more. Joan and Brian are wonderful host. They make us feel so welcome each time we stay there. We will be staying again in May, but this time we are staying at the house on Baltimore Street. We will also be back in Oct and stay in the Gettys Suite. I would highly recommend the Brafferton Inn to everyone. You will not be disappointed.
Kathy Young
Hummels Wharf, PA

Room Tip: The fireplaces are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We spent a romantic weekend here using a B&B.com gift card. Their Winter specials make this a great weekend away int he winter months. The Room was very nice with a sitting room, couch and TV. large king sized bed and private bathroom with large whirlpool soaking tub. The food and environment were top notch.

Room Tip: We picked a room on the second floor of the Carriage House in the Lincoln Suite. Great room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This review is long due, but I have not forgotten how our hosts at the Brafferton saved the day. Last July, my fiance and I were in town to watch the 150th reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg. We were lucky enough to snag the Loft, and were so excited at the space, the original stonework, and the quaint charm that the entire inn held. (I should also mention the warm chocolate chip cookies that awaited us upon our return every afternoon.) We attended a reenactment on Saturday, and told Brian how excited we were to see the Sunday "grand finale" of Pickett's Charge. When we woke up the next day, I freaked- I lost the tickets! They must have been thrown out accidentally. These tickets were difficult to get, and I was in a panic when I went downstairs. I saw Brian and when he asked how our stay was going and if there was anything I needed (as he did EVERYDAY), I explained our dilemma. He told me to hold on and he'd see what he could do. After searching around the inn, rummaging through desk drawers in the office, and making phone calls, he walked up to me and handed me two tickets to the reenactment. This is the kind of hospitality that one should expect in a bed and breakfast, and all too often don't receive. If you stay here, they will make sure that you have the type of getaway that you will never forget. I will never forget Brian's courtesy and willingness to go the extra mile to help up have the best getaway weekend last year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Brafferton was lovely. The owners and staff greet you and give you a tour and the history of the house. The rooms are well kept and welcoming. They provide parking for your vehicle and have a small guest refrigerator on the second floor. The chocolate covered strawberries were delicious! (they make them- not store bought and you can tell). Nice location for walking the downtown "square" areas. They offered three choices for breakfast and upon check-in asked you to select your time preference for breakfast.
They also offer a loyalty plan.
Would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: We chose the Battle Room - still has a bullet in the fireplace mantel. That room is on the front of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. We have been to Gettysburg many times, but this is the first time we ever stayed in town, and the Brafferton is the place to be! The innkeeper and her staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful, and breakfast is a real treat. We had a room at the top of the steps, with a bedroom and a sitting room. It's close to the center of town and we were able to walk to the ceremony and then continue on to explore part of the battlefield. We walked to bars and restaurants in town. I really like not having to drive, because the main streets can get crowded at times. Al in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My fiance and I are repeat customers at the remarkable Brafferton Inn. It has everything we love from history and charm to delicious breakfasts and the most welcoming, accommodating staff. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The location is central and a short walk to many restaurants and shops. Brian, owner/innkeeper, even helped my fiance personalize his proposal by setting up some hometown items in the room before our arrival. The food is so amazing, I still rave about the lemon poppyseed puffs from our very first visit. We love the Brafferton Inn, and we will continue staying here year after year. Whatever your reason for staying, you will be sure to have wonderful memories here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hillary S
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a wonderful time spending the night here and stayed in the Codori room which was so wonderful, and I had made a request to have certain things in the room upon arrival and all were met perfectly.

We will be back upon our next return, thank you for a wonderful experience and making things so perfect for a romantic getaway weekend.

Room Tip: There were no complaints what so ever, we stayed in the Codori Suite, not far from town for a nice n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple