“Perfect place to stay in Gettysburg!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brafferton Inn

Brafferton Inn
Ranked #4 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Hopatcong
“Perfect place to stay in Gettysburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

I would just lik eto compliment the owners of the Brafferton Inn. I did a lot of research before I booked a stay at this B&B and I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. It's always a little tricky to pick a place online because you never know if you're really going to get what you see on the screen.

This place is charming. We stayed in the Michael Hoyt room. It's a little smaller than some of the other rooms but the bed was very comfortable and the private bathroom is down three steps from the bedroom which was very cute. It's also very quiet - no street noise. The Inn is 1/2 block from Lincoln Square so you are within walking distance of all of the shops and restaurants.

They have a very spacious deck and patio out in the back with a lovely garden and I took advantage of it one afternoon with a glass of wine and a book.

The breakfast is amazing. Fresh fruit and Joan's homemade pastries every morning along with your choice of 3 breakfast entrees. I ate more for breakfast in the 3 days that we were there that I have in the last 6 months combined! Really excellent.

The house was built long before the battle of Gettysburg and it was very cool to stay in a building that old. Brian (the owner) recommended a specific Ghost tour company and he was right on the money - we couldn't have asked for a better presentation. It wasn't just some hokey, "see how much you can scare 'em" tour.

All in all, we have a lovely visit to Gettysburg and I would recommend this Inn to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

My husband and I loved our stay at the Brafferton Inn! We had not visited Gettysburg for many years and decided to visit the Civil War Battlefield and stay at a B&B. I did a lot of research before deciding on the Brafferton Inn and we were so happy with our choice. The owners were gracious, the breakfasts absolutely delicious and the Brafferton Suite where we stayed was elegant, spacious, and comfortable. We are already looking forward to planning another get-a-way week-end at the Brafferton! It is in a great location for exploring the local shops and restaurants and a short drive to historical points of interest. We feel so fortunate to have discovered this lovely inn!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
InnkeepersGettysburg, Owner at Brafferton Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words. We hope to host you again soon!!
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

My family of 10 (all over 21) stayed at the Brafferton Inn and were happy we didn't take to heart the "terrible" reviews of this inn. We broke ourselves into 3 rooms...The Chamberlain, The Lincoln, and the Gettys Suite. The Chamberlain and Lincoln rooms each fit 3 people comfortably (no TV), and the Gettys Suite can sleep 4. We used the Gettys Suite as a common area for all 10 of us. This suite has a lviing room, kitchen and dining room so we had plenty of room to congregate for dinner and in the evenings we played cards together or watched TV. All the rooms were spotless. The Gettys Suite does have a private parking space behind the Inn, but those staying in the other rooms had to park in the garage behind the Inn. Since we knew this in advance, it wasn't a problem. Breakfast was delicious both days. Each day we had 3 or 4 choices of entree, plus fruit and muffins. My sister enjoyed the muffins so much that she bought the cookbook they sell at the Inn so she could make them at home. In a few previous reviews it was said that the innkeepers were rude. We beg to differ. They don't fawn all over you, but they do treat you like guests. They answer questions when asked, and will help with whatever they can. The inn was just the ticket for our large group, and we hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kayeapix
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Brian and Joan are tremendous hosts. They each have their specialties and complement each other.

Joan is a fantastic muffin baker. Each morning we looked forward to that day's surprise. Luckily, we were there for five breakfasts and got to sample a different muffin every day. Each one was delicious.

Brian is very knowledgeable about the Civil War and the battlefield, as well as being a congenial host. By the end of the week, my husband and I felt like part of the family.

The Inn is so authentic. Our sitting room was original, having been built in the 1700s, while our bedroom was in the "new" addition built in 1815.

There is a wide selection of books about the Civil War in the front Parlor for guests to peruse and Brian is usually available to discuss the battle.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rcs1168
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

We booked two rooms last weekend. When we entered the Inn we were greated by one of the owners. He talked to us about th history of the house and generally welcomed us while we relaxed in the living room. Another person gave us a tour of the property. It was decorated with antiques in a very charming manner. Coffee, tea and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies were available in the living room on a self serve basis. The rooms and common areas were spotlessly clean.
The full breakfast was delicious. First we were served fruit, juice and coffee. Then we had a choice of three main plates. The quality of the meal was very good. I look forward to my next stay at the Brafferton Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LaPetiteExplorer
dunbar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

The owners of the Brafferton Inn really go out of there way to make your stay special. This was a 50th birthday surprise for my Fiance' and I wanted it to be as above stated "Special" and it was. The breakfast were fabulous and the accomadations were exactly as pictured on the website, www.brafferton.com. I contacted the Inn via e-mail prior to our stay and request Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to be placed in our room before check in and my Fiance' loved it. The home made, chocolate dipped strawberries were out of this world! So if you're looking for a wonderful place to stay while on your visit to Gettysburg, I highly recommend the Brafferton Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Brafferton for our anniversary and truly enjoyed it:) The innkeepers Brian and Joan were very friendly and helpful. They point out places to go and restaurants to try which is very helpful when you don't know much about the town. The assistant was nice and informative as well. The inn is beautiful and cozy which is one of the reasons we wanted to stay there. Our room the Eisenhower was gorgeous, the pictures don't give it justice. The pastries and cookies made by Joan were delicious! And boy does Brian know how to cook! Most places don't give choices for breakfast so it was nice to have options. The only drag was the parking, which I guess is to be expected in a small town. At least they gave us some work-arounds. Definitely a great time:)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple