The buildings and grounds are very well maintained. The breakfasts were delicious, and always with a bit of a twist. We enjoyed pre-breakfast coffee on the porch, and the chance for pleasant conversation with other guests. We occupied the Illinois room overlooking the Baltimore Street. If we had been there (and our building was there) on Nov. 19, 1863, we could have watched Lincoln pass by on the way to give the Gettysburg Address. The location is great, as it is walking distance to downtown, to dome of the tourist traps, and the the Cemetery Hill part of the battlefield. After a poor experience a few years ago, we had stayed away from B&B's. Happily, the Brickhouse Inn has changed our view of the B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg