My wife and I stayed in the older, original building adjacent to the main house. The grounds looked inviting, but the cool weather did not permit use of them. The location is not within walking distance of the center of town, nor the park visitors center. There are several T-shirt shops and a couple of restaurants nearby. Otherwise, there is nothing special about the location.
The room was clean and the furnishings were adequate. The breakfasts were delightful. There was a lot of road noise beginning around 5 am and the ticking of the antique clock in the room made sleeping a challenge.
There were umbrellas available for the guests to use and a lot of historical information about the war sites. The hosts were friendly and helpful.
I doubt that I will visit Gettysburg again, but if I did, I probably would stay at a chain hotel since the location of the Brickhouse did not offer an advantage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast