Since this was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast, I really did not know what to expect when I arrived at the Brickhouse Inn with my family. My parents had been there several times before and said it was very close to the town square of Gettysburg and the National Cemetery and assured me it was a wonderful place to stay. Well, they were not lying! Upon arrival, we walked through the beautiful garden and patio which included a trickling waterfall and plenty of colorful varieties of flowers. This initial walk to the front door served as a reassurance that where I would be staying for the next few nights was a comfortable and relaxing home away from home.
We were greeted by a staff member of the Brickhouse Inn named Janice who was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an entire cake prepared when we arrived as well as cookies and plenty of drinks in the refrigerator, and Janice said I was welcome to any of them. Being a college student, this was a big deal!
My parents then introduced me to the owners, Brian and Tess, who were gracious hosts and very friendly people. They conversed with my parents for a while and then we headed up to our room, the North Carolina Suite. This is a great room for a family of four and it was extremely clean and orderly. The room has a private balcony that overlooks the patio and garden which we made great use of. It was great sitting out there listening to the birds and enjoying all the sights of that colorful garden. The room also includes a television with satellite, which had a great variety of channels. This was a nice way to relax before bed.
Breakfast the following morning was delicious! We were first served a yogurt parfait with fresh fruit that was a great way to start the morning. Next was french toast topped with orange marmalade which was absolutely delicious; I had never had marmalade before. While we were eating, a band called Rebel Union was playing soft folk music in the garden, and they sounded wonderful. It was a picturesque morning that wouldn't be out of place in a movie.
The rest of our stay was extremely memorable to me thanks to the lovely Brickhouse Inn and its accommodating staff. I could not be more pleased with my experience and hope to return the next time my family plans a trip to Gettysburg. With this being my first stay at a bed and breakfast, I now feel my expectations for any other inn will be too high to meet! I think anyone that likes visiting Gettysburg should stay here at least once. I highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg