We just stayed two wonderful nights in Gettysburg at The Brickhouse Inn. We lodged in the beautiful Delaware room in the historic "Welty House" section of the Inn (right next to an outside wall still pockmarked with bullet holes from Confederate sharpshooters!). I don't know if I can add to the superlatives that other reviewers have stated about The Brickhouse Inn and the gracious owners and hosts Tess and Brian, but here goes: simply put--this is a great B & B!! The roses surrounding the Inn were in fragrant , heavenly bloom (like the honeysuckles were in full bloom in "Devil's Den" at the very nearby Battlefield) and the gardens behind the Inn were quiet, peaceful, and beautifully landscaped. It's a short walk to a range of good casual and fine dining choices up the nearby streets ("J's at the Village" was good) or in the historic town center (The Pub was very good for casual dining or drinks al fresco). And from the Inn it's a short stroll to Cemetary Hill, Culp's Hill, and the National Cemetary where Lincoln delivered the Address, as well as a short car or bike ride to the other important sites of the battlefield and The Visitor's Center (the film and Cyclorama are must sees). And if ghost tours float your psychic boat or gift shops satisfy your consumer cravings--there are lots of choices along Baltimore St. and nearby Steinwehr Ave. But back to the B &B! We have stayed at many B & B's all over the States and this ranks as one of the best. The sweet /savory breakfasts were excellant, the afternoon cookies were creative and tasty , the room lovely ,and the hosts were very gracious and informative about where to eat and what to do in and around Gettysburg. It's been 30 years (!!!) since our last visit to Gettysburg, but after our stay at the Brickhouse Inn we are looking forward to returning soon and staying at this wonderful Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg