We often stay at B&B's when traveling. The level of my satisfaction has ranged between never wanting to leave to merely tolerating the stay. That said, I have never been motivated to write a review. Arriving 8 pm on the 8th, no one was available to greet us. Our keys were left with another guest. I first met the owners on the morning of the 9th. No welcome, no greeting other than a request identify myself and to provide them with a credit card to cover the balance of our stay. Perhaps the owners, an odd little couple, were inhospitable because we travel with a service animal. (This fact was surely noted when the reservation was created months prior.) Evidence of this would be when they removed the bedding from our room. The explanation I was given was that anything that would need to be dry cleaned could not be in the room. The comfortor and quilt were relpaced with old blankets. The service dog is 99.9 percent hypoallergenic and does not shed. This was explained the the owners. My husband requested that they not do so. They removed the bedding nonetheless. On our second morning, we chose not to eat breakfast. We received a note admonishing us for not giving them proper notice. I have never felt so unwelcome. I would never recommend this establisment. Should you decide to consider this B&B anyway, get ready for the "Rule Book". The rules are as follows: no food in the room, any take-out foods are to be eaten in the courtyard or at the dining room table in the mainhouse, there are no wine glasses available in the room, turn down the comforter and quilt if you are lucky enough to have one prior to sitting or placing anything on the bed, don't turn a/c too low or the unit will freeze, be at breakfast at 8:30 am - no additional seating times, notification required if you are not coming to breakfast, ironing board is located on the second floor and must be shared by everyone in the building, there is a manual full of the same. On a positive note, the grounds are beautiful, and everything was very clean. However, the owner's do not seem to grasp the concept of they are there to serve their guests and make them happy and comortable - no the other way around. It was more like a prison than a relaxing time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg