“Best Gettysburg B & B Experience”

Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Haddon Heights, NJ
“Best Gettysburg B & B Experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Fantastic B & B Experience! We enjoyed our two night stay at the Brickhouse Inn so much. The property is lovely and so well taken care of. We stayed in the Kentucky Suite and enjoyed the private porch on the second floor with the rockers. The view of the beautiful backyard/gardens is perfect. Breakfast was perfect each morning - the coffee is yummy, the attention to detail amazing and the food is delicious. Tessa was a pleasure to meet. She helped us in so many ways and made our Anniversary weekend so special. We had a fantastic romantic dinner at the Dobbin House which you can walk to from the Brickhouse Inn. The location can't be beat. Thanks Tessa and staff for a pefect stay - we will be back for sure!!! p.s. arrange for a personal guided tour of the battlefield with George Newton. He was excellent! Tessa/Brian can help you with that if you call before your stay.

• Liked — Beautiful Property and Grounds, personal attention
  • Disliked — Nothing
1 Thank sburkhardt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Northeastern PA
Reviewed 2 August 2007

I booked the Brickhouse Inn for a short Mother and Daughter vacation.
Brian was very nice and booked both a battlefield tour and ghost walk
for us. Everything worked out well and we enjoyed all that there was to do at Gettysburg. Tessa and the staff were very gracious and the atmosphere was superb. The facilities and grounds were beautiful. We never imagined that we could feel as comfortable away from home as we
did. The inn truly was wonderful and so were the breakfasts. We stayed in the North Carolina suite which had its own balcony and was very clean. The breakfasts were so much better than any we could have ordered out, extremely delicious. I recommend this Bread and Breakfast to anyone who wants luxury at a reasonable price. You won't
go wrong in booking your vacation at the Brickhouse Inn.

Stayed July 2007
Bowie, MD
Reviewed 27 July 2007

We were given a gift certificate for one night at the Brickhouse Inn but decided to stay two extra nights to turn it into a mini-vacation at our first B&B. We're so glad we did, what an exceptional experience. Brian and Tessa were wonderful hosts, making us feel so welcome and serving delicious breakfasts. We look forward to spending another mini-vacation with them in the Fall.

• Liked — the hosts
  • Disliked — no ice machine
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2007

My father had taken my family to Gettysburg when we were kids.
As a treat to my parents, (35 years later) my husband and I took them! We wanted to stay somewhere different....not a hotel. After looking at many B & B's on the internet, I called and spoke to Brian (the owner) about the Brick House Inn. He was so warm and accommodating over the phone that I knew this was the place to stay! We were in no way disappointed! This was our first bed and breakfast experience and it was excellant! The house is beautiful, clean and very inviting. We stayed in the Texas Room and my parents were in the Alabama Room. They were both artfully decorated and very comfortable. The porches with the big rocking chairs, the beautiful landscaping, and outdoor patios were added treats and great for relaxing! Tess and Brian served a delicious breakfast the next morning on the patio and even made our reservations for our dinner at Dobbins and our battlefield tour. They are wonderful hosts. We highly recommend staying with them when you visit Gettysburg!
Dan and Valerie
Black Lick, PA

• Liked — The Hosts were very warm and friendly with all guests!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Valdan
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed 9 July 2007

This was our first bed and breakfast experience. I visited Gettysburg several years ago with my family before i was married, and we stayed in the Best Western on the Circle. While that property was nice the Brickhouse Inn is definitely in another league.

One thing I can readily admit about our experience; if you happen to have bad inkeepers I can see how the B+B experience would be an unmittigated disaster. However, when it's done right this form of lodging rivals anything you can get. I have stayed in several high-priced hotels and resorts, and we have never had a better experience than what we experienced at the Brickhouse Inn.

Brian and Tess our great hosts. In particular, Brian was a true gentleman at all times, and arranged for all of our adventures while in town. We were greeted promptly, and taken straight to our lovely suite, the New England, on the second floor. The room faced the rear of the property. I highly recommend that you go this route as the traffic is very busy up and down Baltimore St. all hours of the night.

The New England is a three room suite with a seperate bath and clawfoot tub/shower which was a real treat. The third room served a lounge area or second bedroom. The room was furnished with period pieces, clean on arrival, and stayed that way throughout our stay. The room cleanings every day were done in a fashion I expect from a high-end hotel/resort (minus the high price tag).

Breakfast was the real attraction here; a three to four course affair that will bust your gut! I wasn't sure what to make of the shoo-fly pie, but I am big believer now. This treat is served with every meal.

Criticisms? None, really. I suppose staying at a B+B means you give up late-night room service, but that goes with any B+B. Like I stated previously if you don't book a room facing the rear you may have noise problems during the night. Note, too, that this house has a long staircase that could be hard on some people physically. However, Brian and Tess have an adjacent property, the Welty House, which does have ground-floor accomodations. Also, this is not a place for small children; adults or older children are the order of the day.

I found that whatever your concerns Brian and Tess will work with you in anyway they can (within reason, of course).

The location of the Brickhouse Inn is the ace which pushes it over the top. Every night we would walk in town, or directly on Cemtery Hill (on the battlefield) which is about five minutes away.

No greater compliment can be given that to say my wife and I did not want to leave, and can't wait to get back.

We highly recommend this B+B!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Too Short of Stay
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zman1974
Williamsburg, VA
Reviewed 8 July 2007

My husband and I spent the first part of our honeymoon at the Brickhouse. Brian and Tessa could not have been better hosts. The trip was fantastic. Breakfast was a treat everyday. And the overall ambiance of the Inn was delightful. We stayed in the Welty House and highly reccommend that to anyone looking for a more 'historical' room. The Kentucky Suite was used by Confederate Sharpshooters during the battle in 1863. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Liked — Proximity to everything!
  • Disliked — We had to leave!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amber H
Clayton, Nc
Reviewed 25 June 2007

Our stay at the Brickhouse Inn, aside from the excellent accomodations, was made all the more pleasant after meeting Tess and Brian. The local insights and personal warmth of this couple made our visit relaxed and "home like." This is a special place, so close to the Gettysburg site one could almost feel the ghosts of the past as you wlk along the paths.
Anyone hoping for that "extra special" memory when visiting Gettysburg should take a good look at this charming, and historical B&B.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple