What a wonderful place to stay.
The owners, sadly, were away in India when we stayed, but we were left in the capable hands of Melissa. She was awesome.
The room was comfy, and large. The bed was so comfortable we slept like logs. The towels were fluffy, and the shower wonderfully refreshing. The view from the room was of the main street, and with all the Christmas lights around, it was just sensational. The breakfast was delicious. We enjoyed fruit, juice, coffee or tea, beautifully home made pies and others local delicacies, which were delicious and filling!!!
The location of the Inn is excellent, just down the street from the main part of town, and only a short stroll to the Cemetary. There are stores all within walking distance.
The battlefield guide we booked, met us at the Inn, and drove us around the battlefield. if you have the opportunity, please book a guide through the Inn, they meet you at the Inn, and there is nothing better than having a personal tour.
Thanks again for a wonderful stay. We wish we could have stayed longer, and in hindsight, we should have. We'll definitely be back next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg