Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distancenational cemeteryroom was cleancan't beat the pricestay there againin towngreat place to staysteinwehr avenueoutdoor poolhousekeeping staffrestaurants and shopsparking lotcontinental breakfastshort drivevisitor centermotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Great for the money, don't expect a 5 star hotel and you won't be disappointed. the staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were super clean

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirey20
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I needed a place to say without spending a fortune to show my mom and Civil War-crazy nephew the sights and sounds of Gettysburg. I had passed this place on a previous visit and I new it was definitely classic motel style, nothing too fancy. What I got were clean rooms, pretty comfortable beds and the ability to walk anywhere in the Gettysburg historic tourist and shopping district. The national cemetery is right across the street and it's close to a bunch of great restaurants, shopping and the ever-popular Ghost tours -- I recommend using Gettysburg Ghost Tours and asking for Dr. Phil the Civil War Surgeon, it was a great time. Two more points on the hotel -- the pool is great, nice sized at the back of the property and the manager and his family were extremely nice. I asked where I could buy an audio driving tour of the battlefield and he loaned me his. That kind of service is worth an extra star right there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cheecher
Reviewed 13 June 2011

A friend and I wanted to take a weekend girls weekend trip to Gettysburg, We paid around $40.00 per night for our room. The motel is old, the fixtures in the motel are old, however, they were functional. On first appearances, everything looked clean and tidy. However, that evening, sitting on the bed watching TV (of which the remote did not work); there was a ton of dirt and "stuff" - maybe popcorn? under the dresser. After this, I looked around behind the night stand, same thing, dirt. There wasn't anything nasty, the place just needed to have the furniture moved and vacuumed. The sheets did not get changed for the 2 nights we stayed there, but they were clean. The towels were clean also. The small fridge had a broken handle, but did get really cold. We did not have an alarm clock in the room, nor did we have a microwave, both of which were described in the description. The continental breakfast consisted of lousy pastries and weak coffee. We actually ended up walking down the street to a restaurant. The good thing was the loocation. We did not have to move our car once we were there, we walked into and all around Gettysburg.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuckyKeymar_MD
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Think you're getting a King bed, think again ( I was told they only have two king rooms, but was assured of one by phone when I made my reservation.) Think you're getting non-smoking, think again. I was informed that my room smelled of smoke because the window was open and people smoke outside of the room. Think you're getting a TV, you will, but it won't work. We barely stayed in this room for our two-day stay. I would have checked out of this nasty mouse dropping infested room (don't even think of looking behind your night stand) had there not been a 7-day room rate guarantee. There's a reason for this policy, everyone probably wants to check out after stepping inside of the room. If this is what $110 will get me, I'd rather go camping where at least I'm sleeping in my tent where I know no one else (dog, person or other creatures) has slept before. Oh yeah, and the 'free breakfast', think again...you can get a better cup of coffee and apricot danish from the mini mart a few blocks away. After staying here, I realized that the location, as reviewed by others, was not all that special...you still need to drive to the national park from any lodging.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Momofbuckeyes
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I'll be honest. I took this place for the price. We didn't need The Ritz, just a basic, clean place to stay. It definitely met those standards. Minutes from the battlefield, and right in the middle of restaurants and shops, it's a very convenient location also. And the owners Mark and Cindy were great, and have done a great job with the place. So if it's inexpensive you want, but also clean and comfortable, don't hesitate!!

Stayed: May 2011