“Very Good Place to Stay”

Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My friend and I visit Gettysburg twice a year and always stay here. We've been staying here for over 10 years and there have been great improvements, especially over the past couple of years. The price of rooms is extremely reasonable and the quality of the rooms have improved dramatically. It's a no frills hotel with the focus on affordability, comfort and cleanliness. The personnel are very friendly, especially Mark, and always accomodating.....and the location is very convenient to the battlefield as well as the town itself. I would heartily recommend this hotel if you are planning a trip to Gettysburg.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BarryM48

Reviewed 26 March 2013

You can't beat the value or the location. The owner has recently renovated and updated most of the rooms. My recent trip was cut short by a Spring snow storm and the staff was very helpful in getting me out ahead of the storm. It's location right across from the battlefield and near many restaurants and gift shops makes it possible to enjoy many of Gettysburg's attractions without getting in your car.

Room Tip: The rooms nearest the office have the best wifi reception.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed there for a trip last year. The owner had ongoing renovations that appeared to be competently carried out. Our room was well worth the money, and the location is as convenient as advertised. We were able to walk to many of the sights, including a ghost tour, of which there are several. If you need a sparkling new hotel with the latest amenities, this may not be for you. If you are a little old fashioned, and are pleased with reasonable accommodations for a reasonable price, this motel fills the bill ! The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. I truly hope this gem can continue to survive so we can enjoy it again !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Spent the day at Gettysburg with my wife and stayed here for one night. The location can't be beat. After finishing the battlefield auto tour, I plugged the address of the motel into my GPS to find out that it was only .3 miles away. The rate was great as well. In fact, it was the cheapest available on the travel websites for the day that we visited. On top of those two important factors was the attitude of the staff. The man working the desk took care of everything very quickly and offered some great advice on other attractions in the area. Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MattandNath
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I have to admit I was very apprehensive when chosing this hotel. It looks a bit run down and I have never heard of the chain. However I was pleasantly surprised.

The room was clean, in fact it had new carpet. The bed comfortably yet a little small. The blankets are your standard hotel blankets. I never have an issue cause I bring my own.

The bathroom was clean and the tub is still blue! I remember these tubs from years ago. The sink is outside the bathroom which I like cause you can still do things when someone is showering or in the bathroom for what ever reason. When you have children this is a bonus.

It is right across the street from the national cemetery and cemetery hill is right around the corner. I loved being able to walk to things with the children. Packing kids into a car is a hassel, especially when they are very young. These two never wanted to leave the room. So being able to walk out the door was very very good for me. They have little benches to sit on out side the rooms. Our three year old had the best time opening the door and walking outside to see things. She would have made other guests miserable had we stayed in a place that was on a second floor opening to a hallway. She talks very LOUD.

There is a wide range of tv stations too for those who stay in the room and watch tv. I have stayed at nicer places here that have very few stations.

I imagine they allow pets here as well cause I heard a dog barking outside one of the rooms while the kids were playing.

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Nice hotel. Staff was great. Convenient location. If you're looking for a fancy place this is not for you but if you want a homey environment its perfect. I would definitely stay again.

One last thing, parking and traffic gets very bad here at times beginning in march. This place was excellent for those who prefer to avoid driving. Don't miss the Diarama when here! It's awesome and right around the corner. No driving!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank susu2
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Immaculate, centrally located, and great staff. My first visit will not be my last. Though older,the furnishings were updated and the beds were comfy. No restaurant, but many within walking distance and is just down the road from the park entrance.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed at this motel back in August 2012. The staff was very helpful and friendly and even let us get into our room a little early (which was much appreciated after a long drive!). The room was clean and comfortable. The motel has a fabulous location which is in close walking distance to many areas of interest. The price was also reasonable. The Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge is a solid deal and I would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends