“The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was lacking...”

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. The room was large enough to contain 2 queen beds. We took advantage of the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. It's close to all the attractions. There are a number of restaurants & shopping centers nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Your review is so important to us as we work to offer great services and comfortable accommodations. Please come see us again.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We came to the Baymont Inn because my son's soccer team was staying here for a soccer tournament. After check-in, my family and I went to get settled in our room. It was very disappointing and completely below the expectations we had for a Wyndham property. The furniture is very worn and beaten up, the toilet had a urine stain on the porcelain, there was a bug by our refrigerator, a stain under the sink, the lamps were dusty and it was disgustingly dirty behind the bedside table. In addition, the shower/tub was stained and looked as if there had been some sort of non-slip surface, then someone tried removing it but was not successful. On top of all of this it was hot as blazes in the room and the air conditioner was frozen and not working. When my husband went to the front desk to inquire about someone to repair the AC and let them know about the deplorable conditions in our room, the front desk attendant seemed overwhelmed and had no one to help us, as he was all alone. It was a busy night of check ins, due to the soccer tournament, in all fairness to the front desk attendant, but the hotel manager should have made sure no one was alone working the front desk on a busy Friday evening during a holiday weekend. The desk clerk gave us another room but told my husband we could only have the new room for one night and would probably have to move for Saturday and Sunday night. Needless to say, the new room was not much cleaner (dusty, hand towel had stains, and bathroom floor tile was a little gross). My advice is to check your room BEFORE you check in. These rooms are completely unacceptable for the $130/night we paid. The second floor ice machine was not working properly and had leaked through the floor down to the first floor. The hotel smelled musty as a result. The pool and hot tub were cloudy and unusable and the elevator floor was uneven with the first floor lobby floor, which presented a huge tripping hazard. If it hadn't been too late we would have checked out and gone twenty miles down the road to find an open, clean hotel. No way would I stay here again. We're going to the Perkins for breakfast! If the hotel staff has such little regard for cleaning the rooms I'm afraid of where they prepare food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, we are a new Baymont and working on renovations. I am so sorry that you experienced so many problems, and apologize for the inconvenience to you.

Travellers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I actually booked here by mistake and was concerned as it looked like it could use some refreshing. Lobby is kind of dated as was our room. But I have to say that it was a very comfortable night. Bed and temperature were perfect. Tv was new. Breakfast area was fine with enough to offer. Still was too pricey for that hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your guest experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you were comfortable
Gettysburg
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I made my reservations about 4 months in advance and requested to be located on the first floor, as close as possible to the side door (on the dumpster side of the building). I was bringing several dogs for the Greyhounds in Gettysburg event, and the end room would make it easier to walk the dogs. I was also bringing a small dog who did not like to be left alone in the room and barked - the end room would have made it quieter for the other guests. I called several times to confirm my reservation and and my desired room location. When I arrived at the hotel, my room was two doors down from the main desk and on the opposite side of the building. When I asked why I wasn't given the room that I had been promised, I was told that a long-time guest who always used that room was returning and the room was given to him. Huh? This guest certainly wasn't taking up the entire wing of the hotel! The room I was given did not have a working telephone or alarm clock. In addition, when I made my reservation, I also made reservations for some friends who were also coming for the greyhound event; I requested that we have rooms next to each other. This did not happen either. And to make things worse, I had used my debit card for both rooms when I made reservations. When my friends arrived, they gave the hotel clerk their own credit card for payment of their room. Unfortunately, the hotel did not release the hold placed on my debit card for their room and I was WITHOUT ANY MONEY during my stay. Thank you, Baymont Inn and Suites for such a lovely stay. Never again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing these issues to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and experience the improvements we have made with our service.