“Satisfactory”

Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 24 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've since read several reviews after staying here and wonder if these were recent reviews...?
The price was definately affordable via AARP. We had a baby shower in Littleton, Pa. and this location was perfect since we came from Princeton, NJ and didn't want to drive back the same night. The staff at the front desk are very helpful & knowledgeable. Our room with 2 qn. beds were comfortable and clean. We were able to adjust the air/heating unit to our comfort level.There was a coffee machine in our room. There were plenty of linens and the bath room was also clean.
The free breakfast had a lot of choices from make-your-own waffles to yogurt to cereal, hard boiled eggs & bagels. There were juices, coffee & tea. If you are looking for a full breakfast, all you have to do is walk across the parking lot to a full service Perkins restaurant. They have a pool & gym that we did not use, so cannot offer a review.
The main thing is that it was quiet! We'd been on the road all weekend and slept quite well for the next long drive home.
We saw couples and young families as well as seniors. Seems all are welcome and accomidated.

Room Tip: We faced the parking lot on the ground floor and it was very quiet. I gave an average rating to ...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for you recent trip to the PA area. We appreciate your review, it is so good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our accommodations clean, comfortable and quiet. Your business is important to us and is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed two nights in non-smoking, two queen bed room on second floor in back of motel. As I told the front desk personnel upon checkout--this has to be the quietest place I have ever stayed. The room was ready for us when we arrived. It was clean, the air was on and the room was at a nice temp. On inspection, the bathroom looked clean and well appointed. No stains,drips or bugs! Nice flat-screen tv. Bed was a little too soft for me but comfortable. Only one small complaint we had and reported: the wash sink had a slow drain. Plenty of hot water also. All the staff we encountered were very helpful and courteous. We would not hesitate to return to this Baymont Inn & Suites and will recommend it to our friends. Date of stay: June 18&19,2014.

Room Tip: Room on second floor in rear of building was good for us.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for the sink issue that you encountered, though I am glad you found the room to be clean and comfortable. Our maintenance man will correct the drainage on the sink On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will let us serve you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've been traveling the past month on a trip up the east coast. My husband booked this hotel for our one night stay in Gettysburg. The location was good and the front desk staff were very nice. The hotel has changed ownership and is trying to improve, which I applaud. There are many things that made this an uncomfortable stay for me, first would be the smell, the hotel has an indoor pool and you can tell people have trampled on the carpet wet, it is musty and over powering, specifically in the rooms. My advice would be to tear all of the carpet out of the whole places, make it all tile. I couldn't breathe well and my belongings smell from my room. Second, this place has tons of bad reviews for bed bugs on all the registries. Though I did not see any nor was I bit, it does not help that this hotel has old maroon comforters and shams and curtains. Every other hotel I stay in now has white which gives peace of mind to the concern of bed bugs. Third, the pool is cloudy, I did not get in because of this. It was not inviting. Also, my room was clean, but the bathtub had some kind of stain. All of the things wrong with this hotel can be fixed, I hope the management that just came in fixes the issues, if they did it would be a much better place.

Room Tip: Don't pick this hotel as a first choice, specifically if you have allergies to musty/moldy place...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the recent visit to Gettysburg. Your comments and feedback is very important as we work to improve, renovate and upgrade. We will certainly address these issues and make the necessary corrections.
Your business (and your comments) are very important and is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

was there for 20 mins. the first room, the sink would not drain, went to the second room, no hot water, the toilet wasnt cleaned and there was a dead roach on the bathroom floor. the counter person was rude and not helpful.

1  Thank Mike H

I am so sorry for the problems that you mentioned in this review. I know this was an inconvenience to you and we are so sorry. We will address the issue, including the rude employee and make the necessary improvements.
Thank you for staying with us.