“Great place near all the attractions.”

Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Great place near all the attractions.”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here, it was very close to the battlefield and very clean and comfortable. The breakfast cottage was great and all the employees were very helpful. I will definitely be staying here the next time I'm in Gettysburg.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
QI-GML, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Thank you for the nice words!

Quality Inn Gettysburg Motor Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Dearborn
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My spouse and I were here for four days. The room was immaculate. The great maid service kept it that way. An issue with the iron was resolved immediately with a new replacement. The location is spectacular, right next to the battlefield and within walking distance of lots of stores and restaurants. We loved it as we are fitness walkers/runners and could easily do our early am outdoor exercise from this spot. Last but not least was the bill-incredible value for the money. The only thing that prevents me from giving them 5 stars is the slightly wonky WIFI service-it worked but at times was very slow. The manager in a previous comment indicates they will be giving this an upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
QI-GML, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Our location, right on cemetery ridge is very convenient to the battlefield avenues that are a great place to bike, jog or walk. In fact George H.W. Bush left here for a jog while he was our guest. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn Gettysburg Motor Lodge on 5 October 2011. My experience was just as it has been in previous visits, perfect! From the time I called in to make a reservation to the time I checked out the staff was friendly, professional and very courteous.
The room was clean and the morning breakfast plentiful. I wish I could have stayed for more than one day but I was on a business trip and I had to move on to DC.
I especially enjoy their unique lounge, The Reliance Mine Saloon. Bobbie the bartender is always fun to talk to. I enjoy her Gettysburg stories and updates on the local news.
I can assure that I will be staying here again on my next trip to the area.

Tommy Campbell

Room Tip: This is the best location to saty if you are planning a visit to the battlefield.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Bobbie our bartender in the Reliance Mine Saloon has been there for over 25 years. She has a lot of stories she can tell. People ask if we have entertainment there and we say no – but there is usually an author or battlefield guide and they can be very entertaining. They love to talk to people about the civil war. Tommy, next time your in town – we’ll be here!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Recently spent an evening at this Quality Inn, located almost adjacent to the Gettysburg National Cemetery and at the edge of Gettysburg's downtown historical area. Very easy access (car parked right outside room), room very nice size and immaculate, as was the bathroom. Continental breakfast is served in a small victorian type house on the property, about 200 feet from the farthest room(s). Has both an outside and indoor pool (w/hot-tub) that are open until about 10PM (summer for outdoor area). Ample parking and late checkout time (noon) gives one time to explore the town or battlefield by walking. Overall, a good place to stay and visit this historic area.

Room Tip: parking for "lower" rooms right outside the door.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim P
Our Victorian Breakfast Cottage was built in 1880 and was originally located on Steinwehr Ave. In the 1960’s it was moved by its owner to the back of the lot and a retail shop was built fronting the street. We purchased the property in 1975 and redecorated the house for our breakfast in 2002. People often ask why this house is in its odd location. Thank you for your nice write up.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

When you stay there you are literally on the true battle field. You can walk to all of the historic sites and the visitors center. The service was average. The wifi did not work our entire stay and there was no apparent effort to fix it. The room cards failed to work several times and the free coffee was lousy. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. A good value overall.

• Stayed October 2011
QI-GML, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Yes we are located right on Cemetery Ridge. We are in process of upgrading our wifi. The free coffee in the lobby is a brand we are mandated to have by Choice Hotels. We are glad you found us a good value overall.

stc
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I called to book a room for a working weekend for the National Park Service VIP Program and was told I had to stay at least two nights or I couldn't book a room. I explained I could only stay one night due to my work schedule I would arrive Saturday morning and stay overnite leaving on Sunday. I was told even though I was a VIP with the NPS and a Choice Priveleges Member they would not accommodate my request. Sounds like maybe this location is more concerned about the bottom line, forcing a two nite stay instead of accomodating their guests.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank cwnut1863
Like many hotels we have a 2 night minimum stay on busy weekends. We don’t want a lot of unsold rooms on Friday and have to turn people away who want 2 nights but we have no rooms for them Saturday.

Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 September 2011

excellant room the staff was warm and informed nice and clean good location to all will come again

Room Tip: we were on bottom floor only and all was quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
QI-GML, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Our rooms are quiet because the floors and walls were built with concrete not wood. Our staff really works hard so everything is right. Thank you for the good review.