“Amazing location!”

Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our first trip to Gettysburg.We were really happy to see how close everything was to this hotel.We were not able to check in right away but the front desk was very friendly & knowledgeable on the area on where to eat & even hours of the attractions which was very helpful.The small downtown area was a short walk & the cemetery is right next door.Some sites on the battlefield were close but you will need a car to see the rest.The rooms were not fancy but nice & clean.Perfect for what we needed..We loved that we had our own balcony,not all rooms had one.There were two small pools & a small gym.The breakfast cottage is cute but was too crowed when we were there.The breakfast choices could of had more variety but it was fine for a free breakfast.There was a small issue with my bill at checkout but it was resolved. The only issue we had at this motel was that the vending machines were not working properly.Overall we had a great stay at the Quality Inn.We would definitely stay here again on a return trip to Gettysburg.

1  Thank bluekarma
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks! We are located within a short walking distance to Pickett's Charge and the High Water Park. We are still close enough to walk to, but it's just a little further to Little Round Top and the 2nd day's battlefield. We sell tickets for Battlefield Bus Tours with a pickup from the lobby that takes you right to the tour center, and then back to the hotel after the tour ends. This is a good way to see the rest of the battlefield. See you next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just like the previous reviews said...great location, friendly & helpful staff, older motel that's very clean. Even our "neighbors " were friendly. We got great directions to the battlefield and suggestions for bars and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for the nice words! TripAdvisor is a great resource when booking a hotel, and I'm sure the TripAdvisor community is as thankful for your review as we are!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visit Gettysburg 2 to 3 times a year, and for the last few years this has been our hotel of choice. The rooms are very nice, and always clean. It is in a great location close to the battlefield and within walking distance of the visitor center and downtown, with many restaurants nearby including the Dobbin House and Farnsworth House. Complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby and a complimentary breakfast is also available with many items to choose from. We look forward to our stays here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for returning back to us so many times! We're so glad you enjoy staying here!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Since I had previously stayed at the Quality Inn Motor Lodge and loved it, I felt it was a safe bet to stay at again. I must say that this visit was not as nice as the first time. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, but we ran into a small problem in the breakfast cottage. My 69 year old mother and I got up and got ready and then walked over for breakfast. There were only about 2 tables occupied when we got there and so my mom wanted to sit at a table by the window. When we walked over to the table we realized it was dirty. My mother very politely asked one of the ladies working in the cottage (Ethel) if someone could wipe the table off or if there was something we could use to wipe it off. This seemed to really bother Ethel and she immediately went on the defense and told us that they had been very busy. We weren't trying to complain, we just wanted to sit at that table. And maybe they had been busy, but there were only 2 tables occupied at that time. The rest of the time we were in the breakfast cottage we could hear Ethel talking about us to the other lady working there and if we went in the food area we were getting dirty looks. I really don't know what was so bad to make her so angry with us. The next morning we were dreading going to the breakfast cottage, but thankfully it was Ethel's day off. I'm just really disappointed that this happened. Other than that it was a nice visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I am so sorry that you ran into a problem with the staff at breakfast. This is completely unacceptable. I will be passing your comments onto the breakfast attendant supervisor and I can assure you this will be addressed. Again, I sincerely apologize and I hope you will give us another chance the next time you return to Gettysburg.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions, the latest being July 6th and I am always satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and the great swimming pool. The staff is friendly and professional and the hotel is in a great location within walking distance of many of the attractions, stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: I always get a room on the 2nd floor so I don't have to hear car doors closing on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you! We always look forward to hosting our repeat guests!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just returned home today after spending three nights here.This is our second stay at this Quality Inn in Gettysburg and the service and hospitality since our last stay has not changed. We were here two years ago and if and when we return we will definitely make this our stopover. The facility is clean and the staff is very accommodating.

1  Thank Harry B
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to return back to us! I'm so glad you were again satisfied with your stay- hope you are able to come back to the Gettysburg area soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is definitely not anything fancy- an older motor lodge 2-story building. It is ok, it you are planning on being out and about to see all of the local sights. It is also convenient in that it offers a breakfast in a cute cottage and the pool is decent-my kids enjoyed it. Many restaurants are within a close proximity, but if you plan on walking down to the square it is close to a mile(.8 -I believe), if you are not accustomed to walking. It wasn't a problem for us , as we are very active and enjoy walking. I did notice that there were quite a few guests who liked to sit outside and party(along with a couple of the male staff), so it did get a bit loud, but they didn't continue too late so it wasn't much of an issue. The maid we had for our room was nice, however, quite a few staff took several cigarette breaks when there was much work that needed to be done. The outside appearance of the building is the first thing you notice, so I was turned off by the dirtiness of the walking areas, especially since we were swimming and my kids like to run around barefoot. Towels and garbage sat outside of rooms, as well as a pizza box by one of the trash cans that was there for the two days that I was. We had a nice time in Gettysburg, but I do prefer to stay in a higher class hotel. I booked my trip based on some of the good reviews I had read, but was kind of disappointed when I arrived and surprised at the descriptions of the rooms, which were clean, but totally outdated, plain, and didn't have a fresh smell. The door of our room didn't even close flush to the frame and when we left the room, we had to make sure the door was pushed closed tight. Most hotel door rooms close without much effort, almost slam due to the sturdiness of the door. I'm mentioning this because on our way home one night around 11pm, my younger son ran ahead of us(without a key) and opened the door. Whoever left the room last didn't check the door and it hadn't closed completely and did not latch in place to lock.
Fortunately, no one had entered our room and take anything, which was a good thing. It's an average hotel that could be much better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Laura W, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for the review. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Although we aren't brand new, we offer a clean, comfortable room at an exceptional value. We are located within walking distance to most of the major battlefield attractions, in addition to many shopping and dining options.