“Decent food in Grants”
Review of El Cafecito

El Cafecito
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Grants
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Built new restaurant in 2011, same location for 31 years we now seat 113 and offer a banquet room that seats 50. We are on the corner of Nimitz and Santa Fe Ave. on historic Rt. 66, just 1 mile off of I-40. We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. New Mexican food made fresh daily at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Happy to find this pleasant restaurant in Grants. We enjoyed Mexican food along with good service. It is spacious and clean. We would definitely come back if we find ourselves in Grant again at dinner time.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Food was rather ordinary. We are not experts in Mexican food but it seemed rather plain compared to other places where we have eaten.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were on a tour bus heading towards Sedona and needed to stop for lunch. Nothing looked too appealing until we happened upon this Gem. Nearly new building, almost full parking lot, and offering Mexican cuisine. I believe in eating were the locals eat. The chaperone had misgivings but went in to see if our group of 25 could be handled. Well I had the best Mexican meal ever. The refritos were to die for, the green chile was heavenly, the wait staff great. This restaurant also catered to those few individuals who do not share a passion for New Mexican cuisine. Angie and Larry did a fantastic job our group was seated, served, and out the door with everyone enjoying their meal and this was accomplished in a little over an hour. You gotta try this place!!

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We were greeted with genuine smiles seated close to the door (bill is hopping on his one remaining foot) and given a fresh delicious cup of brew. The breakfast special was Heuvo Ranchos for $4.50 that were covered in fresh green chili and served with beans potatoes and fresh tortillas.
The place is lively with locals and is sparkling clean.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was on the road to Arizona, got hungry around Grants, swerved off the freeway, driving on I-40 business/66 through Grants, looking for some place to eat when I saw this place, with a lot of cars in the lot next to it. Figuring lots of business means good food, I parked, went in, saw a clean, medium size restaurant, with about 20 tables, and a counter with stools for about 7 or 8. I was seated, given a very small menu, about 4 by 6 inches, with about 8 breakfast specials and I think lunch sandwiches. I choose a breakfast special, and it was good, omelet with refried beans and home fries. Service was also good, and waitresses friendly. I highly recommend this establishment.