“Average”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grants
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Average”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel was standard Quality Inn. Rooms were in good condition. There was small water damage in the bathroom but it was very clean. House keeping knocked on our door 30 minutes before check out even though we had the do not disturb sign hung.

• Stayed October 2013
Management174, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you Larkin49 for your review. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements in the areas you mentions. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Forest Hill, Maryland
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling through New Mexico and needed a place to stay in Grants. The Quality Inn was fine for our needs.

One of the things we liked about the room was the bed. It was firm but not too firm. We both slept comfortably on it. There was plenty of light in the room. The bathroom was fine. There was also a nice couch in the room.

The hotel had a good but not great breakfast. They had the flat eggs and sausages, which combined with a muffin made a good sandwich. They ran out of sausages but the staff replaced them within a couple of minutes.

We stayed on the top floor at the far end of the hotel. This made for a long walk to the breakfast area but that was fine for me. The hotel has no elevator for guests so for those who have a harder time with stairs or walking longer distances I recommend requesting a lower level room closer to the lobby.

Overall this hotel was a good value and a good place for us to stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you, trajam for your feedback.Your satisfaction is important to you us. We have recently added some new breakfast options, so hopefully you will stay with us again soon and try them out.
Dodge City, KS
Reviewed 19 August 2013

For the most part we had a good experience at the Quality Inn in Grants. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. I was, however, disappointed when I went to soak in the hot tub, after sitting in the car all day, and found that the water was cold. I swam in the pool instead which was heated. The breakfast was nice complete with items to make a sausage and egg mcmuffin...however I had to wait awhile for the ingredients...they seemed to be short staffed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnieDodgeCity_KS
Asheville
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Not one of the best Quality Inns I have bee to lately. It was in a small town on a Sunday so not much was open and the staff seemed to be in a lazy Sunday afternoon mood. Not too eager to help. They registered me, but that was about it. Not too helpful in any other way. Came down later to ask a question and no one was at the desk. When someone finally showed up, they were cordial, but that was about it. Called down later and no one answered.

It is an older Inn. Was clean and the room was nice. Breakfast was good. Just the staff needed some enthusiasm.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We spent a very pleasant night in Grants, NM. The Quality Inn was more than adequate. The king-room was large and spacious, room 310, with a sitting area, but the plasma TV was not visible from the couch, so went unused, except to place the suitcase on. The pool area is clean, and we spent 30-40 minutes in the pool, and had it all to ourselves. The free breakfast was acceptable, and overall the hotel looked very clean. We checked in effortless ly within minutes, with our reservation already printed up, needing only our signature and cc imprint to complete. Senior rate of $80 seemed pricey, and there are several older hotels, or other chains available for the adventurous. Being right on Route 66 there are many hotel bargains, as well as many rundown facilities to avoid. Chose Quality because of their Rewards program, and incentives, or would have looked at other properties. Even on a weekend, most hotels had vacancies, since this is between Albuquerque and Gallup, NM.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Okay, first the good things. The hotel is conveniently located and was very quiet. There were lots of retired-age folks, which for us is a bonus. :) Now, the not so great things. There was a funny sound coming from the restroom area. I think it's the pipes, but not completely sure. Also, the door opened very noisily. We tried to be quiet, but it just would not close without a slam. The next morning at breakfast we were disappointed that there was no wafflemaker. Maybe we expected too much, but it seems that a wafflemaker is standard issue for a motel of this type anymore. Otherwise, the eggs were running low (we ate around 8:15 and it wasn't too busy) and the person in charge of breakfast was seated and staring into space. I didn't even realize she was the one who was supposed to tend to the breakfast area until another worker prodded her into replenishing another item. I had to ask for the milk to be refilled and then she only refilled the one I asked about and did not see if the other carafes or anything else needed replenishing. Of course, the next thing we tried to use was empty, too (sausages). All in all, we will try another place next time we are in Grants.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DellaDidDisney
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This is one of the older Quality Inns. I will hope that a person doesn't make a judgment of all Quality Inns based upon this one.

My thought was 'old and tired looking' older inn when I drove into the parking lot. There is some need of paint on the building, and the building has external stress cracks. Upon walking up the stairs to my room, I noticed that the stairs were not vacuumed. They had bits of debris and dirt on them. The hallway was not air-conditioned. There is a washing machine, but it is out of order. There is a pool and a jacuzzi. I am not sure how well taken care of the pool is. When I was in it, I could not really see my feet all that well. The jacuzzi was the same temperature as the swimming pool. The room itself is the best feature, and that is that it is super large. There is a comfortable new-looking couch. Everything is working in the room and it appears to be clean. I would say that it is okay for a night's stay, but it is a basic inn at best.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karoleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grants
Comfort Inn
#1 of 1 in Pueblo of Acoma
Travelodge Grants
Travelodge Grants
#4 of 11 in Grants

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!