“Amazingness”
Review of Big Bear Ziplines

Big Bear Ziplines
More attraction details
Owner description: The #1 Place for Fun and Adventure in the Hudson Valley! Big Bear Ziplines is the First CLOSEST Canopy Zipline Tour to New York City. Come experience the beauty of Hudson Valley, New York on our 50 acres of woodlands and hay fields located right in historic Hyde Park. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind adventure as your soar through the air at speeds up to 30 mph and heights up to 80 feet.Follow your professionally trained Zip Pilots through our 8 Zipline course climbing Fire Truck Ladders, swooping down Tarzan Vines and looking out at breath-taking views of Upstate New York from some of our custom-built Flight Decks.Coming from New York City? No problem. Arrive by bus or rail and we'll pick you up from the Poughkeepsie train station...our courtesy to you!
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Fantastic about sums it up. Amazing fun. Great staff. Incredible course. Safety was paramount. I must say that my experience was better than I imagined and the office staff, reservation staff, and the guides are some of the kindest, funniest folks ever. Half of the fun was just because of these rare genuine people. Truly care about the customer and the experience the customer receives from the first phone call explaining everything to the good bye waves as we left at the end of the day. Ignore any one who says differently. You will love big bear! What are you waiting for?!

bigbearziplines, General Manager at Big Bear Ziplines, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you so much for your gracious review! We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service possible, and in running a safe and fun operation. It's excellent to hear that your experience was fantastic from start to finish, and appreciate that you have mentioned that in your review! We hope to see you in October for zombie ziplining!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I went to Big Bear based upon recommendations we had read.. Was there with my three children, 21, 18 and 16. We opted to do the 2PM tour, which was for three hours. After a brief training, off we went. We hiked up into the woods, and were off on the first zip line. The staff was absolutely top notch, very safety conscious, and great fun too (kudos in particular to Una). The experience was awesome, and the kids had a great time. We had around 8 people, so things went smoothly and relatively quick. The last zip was around 1,400 feet long, and a total blast. Not the cheapest way to spend the day, but well worth it. After the zip, we stopped next door at a small eatery, and had great fried pickles afterward!

2  Thank luvfishing

Thank you for such a fantastic review! We appreciate the time you took to document your great experience. At Big Bear Ziplines, we strive to provide a fun and safe operation, and appreciate that our customers are able to see that when they are zipping with us. We love that you felt the cost was well worth it, so thank you for mentioning that, and we greatly appreciate that you stopped by Clancy's Cafe and Creamery to indulge in their delicious food and ice cream - our staff eats there every day - not kidding. Thanks again! Hope to see you in October for zombie ziplining.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I spent $182.00 for a Groupon to go to Big Bear. I needed to reschedule and left a voice mail for the zip line company. I called back to reschedule and was told I was a no show, which was untruthful, I indeed did cancel. The owners daughter blatantly told me my $182.00 was gone even though she had the authority to make the decision to honor the tour. She tole me it was her company and that she could do anything she wanted. What I respectfully wanted was to apply my $182.00 credit for 4 people and then add 4 more...so Big Bear would have made an additional $300 over the $182.00, if the owners daughter had used proper customer service, in lieu of calling a good customer untruthful.

Big Bear might be fun, but be aware...they care little about the customer, and arrogantly will tell you it is their company and your business isn't important.

Wendy Jorgensen

12  Thank Wendy J
bigbearziplines, Public Relations Manager at Big Bear Ziplines, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

We apologize for the disappointing experience you had in booking your tour. The employee in question was simply reading the notes marked on the reservation we had on file and following company policies. We hope that the situation was able to be resolved through Groupon, and wish you the best adventure possible in the future wherever you may choose to experience the thrill of ziplining!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My daughters and I had a blast with our very entertaining guides Sharky and Mike! They we serious about safety but made us all laugh and added to our adventure! The course is perfect, not to high to scare the life out of this mother of 3 and her teenage girlies! The location is beautiful and well maintained! We were proud to add our hand prints to the wall of fame!

2  Thank Beth C

Beth - thank you so much for your review; we appreciate the time you took to rave about your experience. Sharky and Mike would be happy to have you all back in the future whenever you'd like. Make sure to put your prints on the wall again when you return, you can only "place your paw" at Big Bear Ziplines! See you in October for zombie ziplining at night!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friends and I went zip lining this weekend. You zip line 8 times total - each one is slightly longer and higher than the last. The tour took us 2.5 hours (a group of 8), so it is pricey ($99), but we had a lot of fun. I had zip lined once before but my friends had not. Abby and Una were our guides and they were great. They are funny and make you have a good time, while also being professional and ensuring everyone's safety.

1  Thank butterfly50538

Thanks so much for reviewing your experience! Una and Abby are excellent Zip Pilots (as are all of our Zip Pilots). We strive to provide a fun experience while emphasizing safety and always appreciate that our guests notice the extra measures we take! Hope to see you in October for zombie ziplining at night!